Job Title: Business Development Manager
Location(s): Lagos, Nigeria
Employer: Bourbon Interoil Nigeria Limited (BINL)
Job description: A leading international player in marine services, BOURBON offers to the most demanding oil & gas clients worldwide a full line of innovative, safe, high performance and new generation vessels and an expanded offer of offshore oil & gas services.
BINL recruits a Business Development Manager
Duties & Responsibilities: To provide a strong strategic focus on key opportunities and engage with customers to create strong business relationships
• Identify & create plans with greenfield targets in Nigeria
• Develop and maintain a working relationship with key customers and companies associated to the Industry
• Form strategies with operations/contracts targeting specific engagements and opportunities.
• Participate in tender process and lead the tender process where appropriate
• Hand over successful tenders to operations, working with Contracts and Operations to ensure seamless execution.
• Conduct market research, analyze information and recommend market development strategic opportunities and projects
• Develop and/or facilitate and/or actively contribute to the formation of alliances and collaboration agreements to win greenfield prospects.
• Identify opportunities of new product needs for Greenfield prospects for maximizing sales and profits.
• Monitor, evaluate and report on the Target Strategic Opportunities
• Generate periodic reports and reviews
Line reporting and functional linkage
• FCB Manager
• Operations Managers
• Contract Managers
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Excellent communication and skills
- Good business acumen
- Good understanding of operations and the sales process
- Highly motivated and resilient
- Ability to think strategically
- Commitment to customer service and ability to work in a team environment
- Good attention to detail with good analytical skills
- Ability to handle multiple activities successfully
- Genuine team member: as measured by behaviour in team environment, information sharing with associates and stakeholders
- Demonstrate leadership and ability to form cohesive teams to address challenges
- Demonstrable knowledge in marketing, operations, sales or technology in the Oil and Gas industry.
- Thorough knowledge of working in and understanding of the Marine Industry.
- Thorough understanding of customer requirements in developing Greenfield or Brownfield projects and market conditions
Computer knowledge: Proficiency in using MS Office suite to include Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint is required
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Sciences or equivalent
Contract: Live-in Expat role