Does anyone know about St Winifred Polytechnic, Ibadan?

Started by sparrow, Nov 13, 2010, 09:42 PM

sparrow

I learnt that St Winifred Polytechnic Ibadan is offering admission to some students who participated in the last JAMB UTME (2010/2011) but were not offered admissions by their chosen institutions.

Please share your views. Lets discuss if this polytechnic is genuine!

Here is the link to the polytechnic: http://www.stwinifredpolytechnic.com

victor jegede

To Whom it may concern

There has been false information on the existence of St Winifred Innovative Institute, Ibadan. The institution's official website address is http://www.stwinifred.com

For further inquires on the ongoing admission in St Winifred Innovative Institute, Ibadan please call any of the following numbers, 07069438379, 07033308044, 08055108185.

Kindly visit the National Board for Technical Educations list of accredited institutions in Nigeria for confirmation of the accreditation of St Winifred Innovative Institute http://www.nbte.gov.ng/inst_07.html.

Please kindly ignore all information posted on Does anyone know about St Winifred Polytechnic, Ibadan? - TheInfoStride.com regarding the ongoing admission in the institution.

Thanks
St Winifred Innovative Institute, Ibadan.

Jobbers

Thanks for sharing this info. The public needs enlightenment. From the look at the posts, the first poster referred to "St Winifred Polytechnic" with a different website from the second poster. The second poster indicated "St Winifred Innovative Institute" which  was confirmed to be in the NBTE list.

But I need to ask. What is the relationship between St Winifred Polytechnic and St Winifred Innovative Institute? Let the coast be cleared! Thanks.

Amidu

Some of my friends and I received original Jamb admission letters from St.Winifred Innovative in 2007>All other took up the admission,l did not.My friends graduated in 2009 with their National Diploma and ICT certifications. Most of them are now in University 2oo level and others in HND programs.I know that is currently working and earning good.If not for gods grace l just got admission to a private polytechnic in Oyo.
JAMB is in the habit of sending out to new institutions candidates not admitted by school of first choice.That was my mistake in 2007.I think any school under National Board for Technical Education is Polytechnic.Yaba College of Technology is a polytechnic.

Victor Jegede

Hi Jobber

The St Winifred polytechnic website you are referring to does not belong to the said institution.

St Winifred Innovative Institute Ibadan from my own research was the First Private Institution in Ibadan licensed and accredited to award the National Innovative Diploma (NID) which is equivalent to the National Diploma awarded by conventional polytechnics in Nigeria.

St Winifred Innovative Institute is like Institute of Management and Technology[/b] or Yaba College of Technology. All are managed by National Board for Technical Education, now I can see the reasons why the Government must have got establish these institution and got them listed by Jamb in 2007. Now ICT is something and the Government must be right, any one that score Jamb cut of is eligible for Admission to tertiary Institution but limited space. After first and second choice then Jamb send other qualified names to their Institutions.

Further more St Winifred Innovative Institute is an ICT focused Polytechnic, also referred to as St Winifred Polytechnic Ibadan most especially by students of the institution.

Thanks
St Winifred Innovative Institute

Victor Jegede