America 1st Lady, Michelle Obama's impressive push-up challenge (PHOTOS & VIDEO)

Started by emezico, Feb 02, 2012, 09:39 PM

emezico

Michelle Obama has been touring California promoting her health agenda, so when she was challenged to a push-up contest on a TV show, she quickly dropped to the floor to prove she practiced what she preached.

The challenge began when daytime TV host Ellen DeGeneres asked the U.S First Lady on her show: 'How many push-ups can you do? Because I like to do a push-up.'

'I don't know I can do some - can you? I know you've got these back issues,' Mrs Obama teased.

To which the TV host stood up and took off her jacket, and a smiling Mrs Obama, who has completed push-ups with Archbishop Desmond Tutu stood up ready to take on the challenge.

The pair started doing the push-ups on the studio floor with the audience counting along - Mrs Obama completed an impressive 25.

'I thought it wouldn't be good to show off the first lady so I stopped,' quipped DeGeneres after quitting. '

I thought this looks bad that I'm going to beat her. I'm 54 and you're 48.'

During the show, Mrs Obama also revealed some bedroom secrets regarding husband Barack.
He doesn't pick up his socks.

'He thinks he's neat but he has people who help him. I'm like it's not you that's neat. It's the people who pick up your socks. Those are the neat people,' she told DeGeneres.

She also joined host the TV host in a boogie for the benefit of the audience.

Watch video below to see more:

http://www.youtube.com/v/89ww9aXrq90?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0

More photos below:

emezico

The video of the push-up challenge has been uploaded to the main post. Watch!

emezico