Man Kills 3-Month-Old Son For Ritual

Started by Shola Sholaz, Sep 20, 2013, 12:40 PM

Shola Sholaz

IN separate cases, two men in Plateau State allegedly sacrificed their children on the altar of anger and money ritual.
The state Police Command arrested the men along with 13 other suspects, who committed other crimes ranging from car theft, criminal conspiracy, and armed robbery to attempt to steal a vehicle with fabricated master keys.
One of the suspects, Fwangmun Habakuk, 25, from Mangu Local Government Area was said to have allegedly beaten his two year-old female child (names withheld) to death in a fit of anger, for urinating on the bed.
However, blaming the devil for his action, Habakuk said he regretted his action.
Similarly, 20-year-old Polycarp Tajan from Maikatako Village in Bokkos, confessed in an interview with newsmen in Jos, the state capital, that he suffocated his three-month-old baby boy (names withheld) to enable him cut off his tongue for money making ritual. Native doctor's  demand Tajan said his quest for money took him to a native doctor, who asked him to bring the tongue of his first-born child for the ritual.
He equally blamed his action on the devil, influence of alcohol and greed.
He said: "I was really in need of money and someone told me about money ritual. I went to meet a native doctor, who demanded the tongue of my first born child.
"When I came home that day, the baby was on the bed and my wife was cooking in the kitchen. I used the pillow to suffocate the baby."
Police sources said Tajan's wife raised the alarm that led to the suspect's arrest. The native doctor was still at large.