Doping latest: Chukwuemeka faces life ban

Started by MrVan, Oct 31, 2012, 10:30 AM

MrVan

By Ben Efe

Shot Putter, Vivian Chukwuemeka is faced with a life ban after her B samples turned out positive.

The athlete was said to have failed a dope test at the All Nigeria/Cross River

Shot Putter, Vivian Chukwuemeka Championships last June, but she contested the result, suggesting that her B sample will prove otherwise, but that did not happen as analysis at the lab in South Africa confirmed that there was indeed dope in her system, when she made a famous comeback at the Calabar cham-pionship, after a two-year dope related suspension.

"Well, they did the B sample and it tested the same thing. But I do not believe in Nigerian dope testing because it is corrupt.

"How is it that I tested positive in Nigeria and not at the African Championships in Benin after one week of retesting.

I heard Dr. Ken Anugueje say the samples in Benin were not tested. He lied because one South African girl tested positive," said Chukwuwemka.

She stated that she was represented by her cousin during the opening of the B sample adding that it took some eight hours before the test could be concluded and her cousin did not wait to get the result.

Vanguard Nigeria

Nifemi Donald

There is nothing to be done about the life ban now.It's been given and it must stand

Melvinlucy

What a life how can some one take a dope that is main for horse i support the teems for their discipline in sport.

Tina lawrence

life ban is not even fair at all.he must be realy sad nw

Glory Skales Charity

if you sin in sport, expect a punishment

Nifemi Donald

Chukwuemeka, why are you so full of controversy?

Nifemi Donald