Plateau State Government Bans Females From Wearing Trousers To Work

Started by emezico, Jul 29, 2011, 04:02 PM

emezico

The Plateau State Government has said the barring of females from wearing trousers at the state secretariat and other government offices was part of the campaign against indecent dressing.

Head of Service in the state, Mr. Moses Gwom who gave the clarification in an interview with newsmen said it was also in line with the 10-point agenda of Governor Jonah Jang's administration of which ethical re-orientation was one.

He said indecent dressing by females should not be condoned in offices where government business were conducted hence those considered not to be properly dressed were turned back from the secretariat.

The policy which started over a year ago has seen many women sent back from the gate of the Joseph Gomwalk Secretariat and other government offices for wearing trousers or other dresses considered indecent.

A woman who was once turned back from the secretariat described the experience as "embarrassing" arguing that she did not consider wearing of trousers as indecent.

She said:  "On the day in question, I was wearing a trouser suit which is an acceptable mode of formal dressing anywhere in the world, but I was turned back and could not transact the business for which I went there".