Nigerian Referee emerged the best CAF Young Talent referee in Africa

Started by emezico, Jun 11, 2013, 08:16 PM

emezico

Nigerian Referee Ferdinand Anietie Udoh has emerged the best referee of the 33 referees drawn from all over Africa that took part in the just concluded CAF Young Talent Referees Course held in Cairo, Egypt

Presenting the award to him for exemplary performance at the Sheraton Hotel 6th October City in Cairo, Mr Magdi Shams El Din, the Sudanese Chairman of the CAF Referees Committee urged him to keep the flag flying. By being disciplined and that he foresaw him officiating in the 2018 world Cup.

Udoh before becoming the best overall course participant, was appointed Work Group Leader and exhibited " high level of confidence and Leadership qualities"

The referees were subjected to various various areas of tests including medical, physical fitness, practical and theoretical sessions, assessment of challenges and offside match analysis among others.

Nigeria's second entrant for the course, assistant referee Tope Orowole was also adjudged the best in Interpretation of Offside Positional play.

Incidentally the parents of the two referees, Udoh William Edet and Orowole Hamid Enaoiye are retired referees.

Anietie who arrived Nigeria clutching a ball signed by all the participants and course instructors was visibly delighted and thanked the Chairman of the Referees Committee of the NFF Mr Sulaiman Muazu, NFF referees Consultant Linus Mba and the leadership of the Nigerian referees association in the country for the opportunity given him.

President Nigeria Football Association Alhaji Aminu Maigari has called in from Namibia to express his joy over the elevation of the Nation's profile by the two referees.

Shola Sholaz

That is surprising to me I must confess. I thought Nigerian referees always flop in games. Congratz to him though...

Shola Sholaz