Improving the Usability of Web Content (Elsewhere on the Web)

Started by 6R, Sep 14, 2011, 02:02 PM

6R

Just thought you'd like to know of an article I wrote for Mashable on how to improve the usability and readability of web content. The article covers seven practical, easy-to-implement tips based on studies done by Jakob Nielsen, Gerry McGovern, academic researchers and others.

Here's a short except from the post:

Writing content for web users has its challenges. Chief among them is the ease with which your content is read and understood by your visitors (i.e. its readability).

When your content is highly readable, your audience is able to quickly digest the information you share with them — a worthy goal to have for your website, whether you run a blog, an e-store or your company's domain.

Check out my other posts on Mashable and I do encourage you to share the post to your friends and social networks! Thank you!

Below is the link to the article on Mashable:

7 Best Practices for Improving Your Website's Usability

About the Author
Jacob Gube is the Founder and Chief Editor of Six Revisions. He's also a web developer/designer who specializes in front-end development (JavaScript, HTML, CSS) and also a book author. If you'd like to connect with him, head on over to the contact page and follow him on Twitter: @sixrevisions.

Six Revisions