Ayo Saka to make Eagles' invitation count

Started by Shola Sholaz, Mar 07, 2013, 10:10 AM

Shola Sholaz

Enyimba midfielder, Ayo Saka has said he will make his second coming to the senior Nigerian national team count positively.
Saka is among the 24 domestic players called up by Super Eagles' manager, Stephen Keshi for the 2014 World Cup qualifier against the Harambee Stars of Kenya on March 23 at the UJ Esuene Stadium, Calabar.
The attacking midfielder said he will justify Keshi's confidence in him by going the extra mile to earn a spot in the squad to face the East Africans.
"It's a good one being named in the preliminary squad that will face Kenya on March 23. The manager has done his own part by considering me worthy of invitation. It's now left to me to grab the opportunity with both hands.
"I want to say I'll work extremely hard to justify my second sojourn in the senior national team, work hard for a shirt and work harder to ensure we have it easy against Kenya," said the former Divine Warriors' playmaker.
The former Nigerian Under-23 midfield maestro said the Eagles will definitely triumph over Kenya in the March 23 World Cup qualifier.
"Of course, you should expect a resounding victory against Kenya, the Afcon victory has become a sort of motivation for us to go all out for victory no matter how daunting the task may be.
"We won't be contended with a win over Kenya but to win qualification for the World Cup," he said.
The invited domestic players are expected to hit the Abuja camp on Sunday, March 10 to kick start preparations for the crucial World Cup qualifier against Kenya.