Saka Targets Eagles Double On Ivorians

Started by Folami David, Jul 11, 2013, 10:22 AM

Folami David

Super Eagles attacking midfielder, Ayo Saka has said the side will make it a double against the Elephants of Ivory Coast in the African Nations Championship (Chan) qualifying decisive fixture in Abidjan between the weekend of July 20 and 21.
The first fixture on Saturday at the Ahmadu Bello Stadium, Kaduna ended 4-1 in favour of the Nigerians.
Saka said his side will face the Ivorians at their backyard squarely with no mention of the 4-1 win.
"We're going to Abidjan to score more goals against the Ivorians. It didn't go down well with my teammates that the Ivorians scored a goal in the 4-1 win in the first fixture.
"We've resolved to make it double on their home ground at least to prove to doubters that the first leg massive victory was not a fluke.
"We won't defend the goals in Abidjan but go all out for total offensive.
"I'm 100% sure we'll qualify Nigeria for the Chan for the first and go ahead to South Africa to prove we're the true champions of Africa.
"The Ivorians are a good side there is no dispute about it but I think we're better and we have quality players to deliver the goods right there in Abidjan," said the Enyimba midfielder.
The winners of the decisive fixture will qualify for the biennial football fiesta next year in South Africa exclusively reserved for players plying their trade in their national leagues on the continent.
Nigeria are yet to feature in the previous two editions of the championship in Sudan and the Ivory Coast in 2009 and 2011 respectively.