Delta State - AFCON 2013: Eagles Victory Speaks Volume For Local Content -Uduaghan

Started by DeltaState, Feb 22, 2013, 10:30 PM

DeltaState

Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan of Delta State has hailed the resilience, diligence and patriotic zeal of the Super Eagles team that lifted the cup at the 2013 African Cup of Nations football tournament, Sunday night.

In a statement issued in Asaba by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Sunny Ogefere, the Governor said that the team demonstrated that Nigerians were capable of achieving feats if giving the right opportunity.

Besides, he said that the victory influenced largely by home-based players and tended by 'local coaches' was a loud statement in favour of local content in the Nigerian project.

"I congratulate Nigerians. My thanks and commendations go to the players and the technical team led by our own son, Stephen Keshi who has carried on the success story in sports for which Delta State is known for", he stated.

"I must also commend the courage of Sunday Mba whom we groomed at Warri Wolves Football club as well as the patriotism and humility exhibited by Victor Moses in spite of his travails back home", Uduaghan added.

Via: Delta State Government - Official Press Release

Folami David

Folami David