Sunshine Sack Coach Abimbola

Started by PMNews, May 30, 2013, 12:30 PM

PMNews

Sunshine Stars have sacked coach Samuel Abimbola following a poor run of results in the Globacom sponsored Nigeria Professional Football League, NPFL.

Coach Napoleon Aluma has been asked to take charge of the team until a new coach is appointed.

A top official of Sunshine said: "The poor run of form of the team and the inability of Abimbola to work with other backroom staff prompted our action.

"We are 12th on the table with 21 points from 15 games,  that is not the dream of the club and the state. We have no business being outside the top three."

Head of the technical committee of the Ondo State Football Association, OSFA, Akin Akinbobola, said Abimbola's dismissal was as a result of the team's poor performance in the league.

He said the club would soon name a new coach, but assistant coach, Napoleon Aluma is expected to take charge of the team until then.

"The present position of Sunshine Stars is not the dream of the state. The technical committee saw it wise to part company with the head coach of the team," Akinbobola said.

"I have announced that with immediate effect, Samuel Abimbola ceases to be the coach of Sunshine Stars.

"Napoleon Aluma will temporarily take charge until the appointment of a new coach and efforts to appoint new coach are in progress."

Akinbobola added that the team's other coaches have been placed on half pay.

PM News Nigeria

Folami David

Well if the coach was not doing well then they had no choice but to sack him.
Very bad I must say.

Shola Sholaz

Sunshine Stars can definately do without him if they put their heart to it. I believe they need a good coach to do that for them.

Shola Sholaz