Genevieve's dress: There Is Nothing Wrong With The Plunge - Designer Amos Tafiri

Started by Shola Sholaz, Mar 12, 2013, 08:33 AM

Shola Sholaz

WHO says lightning never strikes twice in the same place? Think again.  Last week,Stars shone over and over again on the red carpet at the Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards. Elegant actress and movie diva Omotola Jolade Ekeinde burned brightly in a fiery orange patterned-blue striped floor length dress and then in metallic black of the same length that seemed to do her more justice than beauty.
Mnet MD, Biola Alabi also changed up her dresses, seen in Iconic Invanity, and then later to a strapless gorgeous white dress with gold detailing.
Genevieve also dressed twice. And despite the fact that she lost the best actress award to Ghananian diva Jackie Appiah, she definitely made more of a profound fashion statement.
While designers who spoke to Vanguard more or less indifferent about the safe but beautiful yellow dress from 'April by Kunbi', everyone had something say about 'the plunge.' Yep! the pentagon-shaped-leaving-little-to-the-imagination plunging neckline of the star's perfectly-tailored- floor-length-with-a-train-to-boot white dress that set social media awash with comments.
For now, no one is sure who exactly designed this dress, but we got other designers to share their views about the popular actress's new dress sense.
Reacting to Nnaji's engaging dress posture, fashion designer , Ejiro Amos Tafiri said : "I really liked the dress, it looks classy and I don't think there was anything wrong with the plunge. If it was Hollywood, no one would mind. It was very Genevieve to me, not out of place at all when it comes to her style."
Another designer, Trish O had mixed feelings about Nnaji's  dress.
According to her,"Genevieve's dress was nice but in my opinion, she shouldn't have exposed so much.  Even if that was how she felt like dressing, she should have reconsidered because she is a mother."
When contacted, another fashion guru, Mai Atafo had not yet seen the much talked about dress. "Did it reveal her boobs?" he asked. When the reporter answered in the affirmative, he replied "Genevieve always thinks out of the box when it comes to style, so if she wore a plunging neckline, then that's what best defined her at that point in time." He said.
Another leading designer, Lanre Da' Silva who was also at the event said she did not see the dress from a close spot,and as she put it, "Genevieve is a good dresser and it is quite difficult to imagine her not looking good."

Folami David

But i feel whatever dress she wears is her basically her business and no one elses' . She has a right to put one whatever she desires

Folami David