Job-seekers throng Alausa for employment

Started by MrVan, Sep 18, 2012, 04:30 PM

MrVan

BY MONSUR OLOWOOPEJO

NO fewer than 1000 job-seekers yesterday thronged the premises of the Lagos State Secretariat, Alausa, to submit applications for employments in to the state's civil service.

Vanguard gathered that the applicants trooped into the secretariat as early as 8:00 am, to submit their completed application forms at the Lagos Civil Service Commission, building.

However, a good number of the applicants were seen making frantic efforts to obtain their application forms, seeking enquiries and help from those who had already completed theirs.

Owners of business centres within Alausa secretariat had a field day, as applicants patronise their outlets to make photocopies of their documents and took passport photographs.

One of the applicants, Mr. Bolaji Samuel said he had applied for a job in the state's civil service in the hope of getting something better than his present marketing job.

According to Samuel, "At present I work as a marketer but I must confess it is not better than a menial job as it is strenuous and hardly gives me any reward or satisfaction."

Vanguard Nigeria