President Goodluck Jonathan's Facebook Diary - April 2015

Started by MyInfoStride, Apr 07, 2015, 07:51 PM

MyInfoStride

This thread showcases the activities of President Goodluck Jonathan on his Facebook wall (http://www.facebook.com/jonathangoodluck?fref=ts) during the month of April 2015.

Follow up with the main thread from the beginning of President Goodluck Jonathan's administration at Governance in Nigeria: President Goodluck Jonathan Speaks and I Quote!

Read through and share your comments:

01 April 2015 Update from President Goodluck Jonathan Facebook Wall:

Fellow Nigerians,

I thank you all for turning out en-masse for the March 28 General Elections.

I promised the country free and fair elections. I have kept my word. I have also expanded the space for Nigerians to participate in the democratic process. That is one legacy I will like to see endure.

Although some people have expressed mixed feelings about the results announced by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), I urge those who may feel aggrieved to follow due process based on our constitution and our electoral laws, in seeking redress.

As I have always affirmed, nobody's ambition is worth the blood of any Nigerian. The unity, stability and progress of our dear country is more important than anything else.

I congratulate all Nigerians for successfully going through the process of the March 28th General Elections with the commendable enthusiasm and commitment that was demonstrated nationwide.

I also commend the Security Services for their role in ensuring that the elections were mostly peaceful and violence-free.

To my colleagues in the PDP, I thank you for your support. Today, the PDP should be celebrating rather than mourning. We have established a legacy of democratic freedom, transparency, economic growth and free and fair elections.

For the past 16 years, we have steered the country away from ethnic and regional politics. We created a Pan-Nigerian political party and brought home to our people the realities of economic development and social transformation.

Through patriotism and diligence, we have built the biggest and most patriotic party in Nigerian history. We must stand together as a party and look to the future with renewed optimism.

I thank all Nigerians once again for the great opportunity I was given to lead this country and assure you that I will continue to do my best at the helm of national affairs until the end of my tenure.

I have conveyed my personal best wishes to General Muhammadu Buhari.

May God Almighty continue to bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

I thank you all. GEJ

04 April 2015 Update from President Goodluck Jonathan Facebook Wall:

My dear friends on Facebook,

As we celebrate Easter and the resurrection of Jesus Christ, I want to celebrate all Nigerians for keeping faith with democracy which is the only vehicle for the continuous growth and stability of our dear nation. Easter is the culmination of the Lenten season, a time to imbibe Christ's teachings of reconciliation with God and each other. This year's celebration of Easter is taking place at a period of very critical national choices and decisions, during which we must all be prepared and willing to make sacrifices for greater unity, peace, political stability and progress in our beloved country. As a nation, we must accept that the Presidential elections are behind us and reconcile our differences as children born from the womb of one mother, Nigeria. I am confident that we will do this. Happy Easter and may God bless Nigeria. GEJ.

MyInfoStride

10 April 2015 Update from President Goodluck Jonathan Facebook Wall:

As Nigeria returns to the polls tomorrow, I encourage all registered voters to come out en masse and exercise their right to vote. I have instructed our security agents to fully facilitate the right of Nigerians to choose leaders of their choice at the gubernatorial and assembly levels by remaining non partisan and ensuring that we all vote in a secure environment. Because of their sacrifice in securing our nation, we can all be confident to come out and vote our conscience all over the federation. I urge contestants to respect the will of the people as we promote a new Nigeria that is a pacesetter and light bearer in the practice of democratic politics without bitterness. May God bless Nigeria. GEJ

MyInfoStride