"Your Story Is My Story" says President Goodluck Jonathan

Started by sparrow, Mar 24, 2011, 09:44 PM

sparrow

Read this piece from President Jonathan on his popular Facebook wall and post your comments:

[attach=1]
QuoteI may be President today by the grace of God, but my true life story is not far from yours. Have you gone to bed hungry? So have I. Have you trekked kilometres to go to school? So have I. Have you walked bare foot? So Have I. Have you soaked garri because you could not afford anything better? So did I. Are you "managing" your Youth Corper 'allowee'? So did I. We are Nigerians and there is no "impossibility" in our dictionary! If then we share so much in common and I got here by the grace of God and your mandate, what willl stop me from doing my best to change your condition  and our collective destiny for the good of our country?

Your story is my story. I know where the shoe pinches from you because I have been there. I was not born with a silver spoon so I am not aloof and unfeeling about the things that you go through everyday.. Who better to empathise with you and take actions to alleviate your situation than somebody who knows instinctively what you are going through because of a shared experience?

- GEJ
Your Story Is My Story | Facebook.

sparrow