Akure High Chief Arrested With Eight Bags Of Indian Hemp

Started by Sunexx360, Sep 26, 2012, 07:45 PM

Sunexx360

The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) inOsun State has arrested an Akure high chief for allegedly being in possession of eight bags of Indian hemp.
      The agency's Acting State Commander, Samuel Gadzama, disclosed this on Wednesday in Osogbo.
      The 52-year-old suspect  was arrested with his cousin on September 23 in Iwo.
    "The surveillance team of the command was monitoring the movement of the two suspects in a Honda saloon car marked BC 57 FST coming  from Ilesa before it was finally stopped at Iwo.
     "The team initially wanted to trace them to where they were going to supply the eight bags of Indian hemp weighing 45.45 kg, but swooped on them when they (suspects) wanted to escape after discovering  that the officers were trailing them,'' Mr Gadzama said.
       He said that investigation was still going on, adding that the suspects would be charged to court at the appropriate time.
      But when questioned, the high chief denied any involvement in the case.
      He claimed that he only assisted his cousin in transporting the weeds to Iwo.
    "I got to know what was inside the bags when he (second suspect) supplied two bags to a customer in Ilesa before heading to Iwo with the remaining eight bags.
     "I am from a popular family in Oba Ile, Akure and a respected chief in Akure land,  so I cannot indulge in criminal act," he added.
      Mr Gadzama further disclosed that 45 hectares of Indian hemp were destroyed between August and September in the state while 309.685kg of Indian hemp was recovered from traffickers and cultivators.
       He said that the latest farm destruction exercise held on Tuesday at the Oloro-Araromi Forest Reserve in Isokan Local Government Area of the state where five hectares of Indian hemp were destroyed.                     CHANNELSTV NEWS

Sunexx360

Florence Amara

Good work 4rm Ndlea, i don't know why pple like to destroy themself .

Tina lawrence

He will be part of the people corrupting Akure.Good he was caught

Tina lawrence