Food for thought - Today's 'Gold' is tomorrow's 'Copper'

Started by Emmy Baba, Oct 19, 2012, 06:04 PM

Emmy Baba

I Recall as a kid that a man in my Neighborhood became popular for engaging in money rituals just to buy the 80's edition of the Honda Prelude. You wouldn't buy that car for N50,000 today.

I Remember as a kid, my whole street converged to watch a truck delivered a very large satellite dish to my neighbor's house. Today a dish one tenth that size delivers 5 times the value and is in almost every student hostel room.

What about the Volkswagen Santana, Mercedes Benz V booth, 505 cocaine, all overtaken by Camry,Honda discussions and Infinity? .... Vanity.

A friend declared drinks for the boys because he just launched the Nokia Communicator for over a hundred grand in 2002. Today that phone would embarrass the owner and is a joke compared to the low cost and everyday phone.

What about d MTN sim card that many people went extra miles b4 dey bought it for over N30,000, today you will not buy it at N200.

People are still making the most amazing sacrifices over the 'vainest' of things, make enemies over worthless material things. What can I Say? Look back at that one thing you want to kill or die for today and see what becomes of it tomorrow.

Slow down with the sense of attachment and blind pursuit of things, for today's 'gold' is tomorrow's 'copper'...,

Think about these words...

emezico

emezico