President Jonathan Promises to Address Infrastructural Challenges

Started by MyInfoStride, Jul 15, 2011, 06:31 AM

MyInfoStride

Nigerian President, Dr Goodluck Jonathan, has promised to address infrastructural challenges facing the nation. He stated this while responding to feedback from Nigerians on his Facebook wall.

In reading your feedback on this page and from personal experience, I understand the issues faced by Nigerians as a result of the  challenge we face with infrastructure and this administration is of a mind to address those challenges. As many of you know, the nation's aviation sector has improved through heavy infrastructural investment to the point where we now have the world's highest aviation certification.

Likewise, we have made progress in our rail infrastructure and have resumed limited Mass Transit Rail Services in five of the six geo-political zones of the country. The sixth zone (the Southeast) is set to come on stream by the end of the year as is the Lagos to Kano service so that Nigerians in all zones can have an alternative to road transportation.

In the area of road transport, now that the budget has been passed, our efforts from last year will be continued but with the additional input of the Public Works Project which is designed to employ direct youth labour in the building of roads. The PWP is designed to build infrastructure and provide employment.

Additionally, now that the Nigerian Sovereign Investment Authority has been legislated into being, beginning from this year, we will have direct investment from that agency into infrastructure with the priority areas being Power and Roads.

I am sharing this with you today so you know that the pre-election vow I made to you to "promise less and deliver more" as well as the post election assurance that with God's help "I will never, never let you down" were words from my heart.

Obviously, Nigeria has many infrastructural and other challenges and I will like to meet them all, however, leadership is preeminently about managing resources and to do this we have to prioritize. I assure you that our nation's resources will be put to work to address those issues which affect the common man with a view to bettering the lot of the most needy Nigerians.

- GEJ
Addressing Infrastructural Challenges | Facebook

Psalmson

Jonathan put Nigerian on the High scale Promise and fail shit coded zombie. (GOD, gods) Abeg judge them now now now now.

emezico

How long would Nigerians live on unfulfilled promises. Enough of talk, we need action!

emezico