Kidnappers of Vanguard reporter’s wife reduce ransom to N5m

Started by MrVan, Nov 15, 2012, 04:30 AM

MrVan

By Emma Amaize

EKU—KIDNAPPERS of Mrs. Marian Onoyume, wife of Vanguard correspondent in Rivers State, Mr. Jimitota Onoyume, who was abducted, Monday, at Eku in Delta State, yesterday, reduced the ransom for her release from N10 million to N5 million.

Vanguard learnt that Mrs. Onoyume, a teacher, was allowed by the kidnappers to speak to her husband for some minutes, but she wept uncontrollably, as she pleaded with him to cooperate with her abductors.

Onoyume, however, said he did not have N5 million to pay as ransom and pleaded passionately with the kidnappers to release his wife unconditionally.

He said: "I am so traumatized by the incident that I have been on only water in the last three days. I cannot eat anything. They have been calling to negotiate. They stepped down their demand to N5 million, but I told them I still do not have such amount of money.

"They asked me if they were being tracked by security agencies, I told them there was nothing like that. I told them that the longer they kept her, the more they would attract attention of security operatives, I pleaded with them to release her.

"They allowed my wife to speak to me. She was weeping while talking to me. She pleaded that I should settle with them to get her out."

Vanguard Nigeria

Shola Sholaz

Glory Skales Charity

They will be left with no choice but to release her at last

Glory Skales Charity