Kidnappers demand N100m ransom for businessman

Started by TGD, Sep 01, 2011, 03:02 AM

TGD

Abducted Benin FA member released

FOUR days after he was kidnapped and his two orderlies, his driver and wife killed in the process, the abductors of Benin businessman and chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Tes Sorae, yesterday opened contact with his family members, demanding N100 million ransom. The contact has allayed fears that he may have been killed.

It comes on the heels of the release of a member of the Edo State Football Association (FA), Ikpomwonsa Edebiri who was abducted last Friday along Warri Road.

Edebiri, who narrated his ordeal yesterday after he left hospital, said he was abducted by seven armed men when their Hilux vehicle entered into a ditch.

"We trekked for over seven hours inside the forest before we started contacting my people. The experience was horrible. The boys, who are between 20 and 30 years, said they are into the business due to hardship and lack of jobs in the country.

"I thank God for saving me and I want to appeal to governments at all levels to provide jobs for the youths because if they have jobs, they won't involve themselves into such deals," he said.

The Guardian

emezico

N100 million is an outrageous demand, after killing his two orderlies, his driver and wife in the process of abduction.

Hardship and lack of jobs in the country should not be a basis for taking innocent citizens lives.

Nemesis will surely caught up the kidnappers some day!

emezico