How to Easily Increase Your Website, Forum, & Blog Visitors with ping.fm

Started by MyInfoStride, Jul 12, 2010, 06:44 PM

MyInfoStride

The best part of website is that it is known by both humans and search engines. If these two doesn't see or know your website, then you don't have a website. In this Article, I will show you how to pass the message (Your website contents) across the Internet.

I have list of websites that we are going to analyze how they work and how they will help you to spread the message across the world. I have about 40 websites you can post your contents without violating their TOS.

The good news is that you can send your topics to all this websites at once through ping.fm.

Let me introduce ping.fm first and how it works.

Ping.fm is a free social networking and micro-blogging web service that enables users to post to multiple social networks simultaneously.

Sounds good enough? The good news is that so many websites allows ping.fm to post to them. That will just allow you to post to all those websites in just a click.

To start, go to the Ping.fm website and register your free account.

After your registration, click on the Dashboard at the top and look for Add More Networks. A list of all the Social networks you ever heard of will be presented to you. That includes the mighty Facebook Wall, MySpace, Hi5, Photobucket, Google Buzz, Facebook Pages, LinkedIn, Delicious and many more...

I personally use ping.fm with conduit. Conduit is a toolbar provider that allows website owners to create custom toolbar. You can create your own toolbar by following the link. After that, go to the Ping.fm page and you will see a little icon [Image below]. Click on the Icon to add ping.fm add-on to your custom toolbar.

The Red arrow is the toolbar Add-on.

The green stars are where you add your URL to ping if you don't want to use the toolbar.

I will analyze these websites one by one and show you how to use them with the ping.fm.

Each underlined link here is click-able and will lead you to the website.

1. Facebook: Facebook is a social networking website launched in February 2004 and operated and privately owned by Facebook, Inc...  Users can add people as friends and send them messages, and update their personal profiles to notify friends about themselves. Register an account with Facebook if you don't already have one. Then go to your account on ping.fm and click on Add Networks. You will then be prompted to add your Facebook Login details. Do that. There is a drop down men on the right that asks if you would want your messages to be sent to Blogs, micro-blogs or Statuses. Just leave it on default. That's it. You are good to go.

That is pretty much how you are going to add other networks.
What I am going to do below is to list the websites you can use with ping.fm and you are good to go.

2. Twitter: Twitter is a social networking and microblogging service that enables its users to send and read other user messages called tweets. Tweets are text-based posts of up to 140 characters displayed on the author's profile page. Create an account with twitter sync it with ping.fm.

3. Facebook Page: A Facebook Page, sometimes referred to as a Fan Page, is a single page that you can create for anything you want: a particular subject you like: a celebrity, a business profile, whatever your heart desires.

4. Google Buzz: Google Buzz is a social networking and messaging tool from Google, designed to integrate into the company's web-based email program, Gmail. Users can share links, photos, videos, status messages and comments organized in "conversations" and visible in the user's inbox. You need to have a Gmail account before you can create a Google buzz account.

5. MySpace: MySpace is a social networking website. It also has the possibility to upload music, photos and receive comments from other users.

6. Ning: Ning is an online platform for people to create their own social networks.

7. Gtalk Status: Gtalk is an Instant messenger platform from Google. It serves the same purpose as the Yahoo messenger but it uses Gmail.

8. AIM Status: AIM is the instant messenger from AOL.

9. Tumblr: Tumblr is a blogging platform that allows users to post text, images, video, links, quotes, and audio to their tumblelog, a short-form blog. Users are able to "follow" other users and see their posts together on their dashboard. Users can "like" or "reblog" posts from other blogs on the site.

10. Identi.ca: Identi.ca  is an open source social networking and micro-blogging service. Based on StatusNet, a micro-blogging software package built on the OpenMicroBlogging specification, Identi.ca allows users to send text updates (known as "notices") up to 140 characters long

11. Brightkite: Brightkite is a location-based social networking website that is available on any mobile device. Users "check in" at places by using text messaging or one of the mobile applications and they can see who is nearby and who has been there before.

12. Plurk: Plurk is a free social networking and micro-blogging service that allows users to send updates (otherwise known as plurks) through short messages or links, which can be up to 140 text characters in length.

13. Friendfeed: FriendFeed is a real-time feed aggregator that consolidates the updates from social media and social networking websites, social bookmarking websites, blogs and micro-blogging updates, as well as any other type of RSS/ Atom feed.

14. Jaiku: Jaiku-a social networking, micro-blogging and life streaming service. As a special feature, Jaiku offers its users the possibility to post directly on their webpage from their cell-phones, using software compatible with Nokia S60 series.

15. Blogger: Blogger is a blog storage service that allows private or multi-user blogs with time-stamped entries. It is funded by on-screen ads. It was created by Pyra Labs, which was bought by Google in 2003.The service itself is located at.

16. Plaxo Pulse: Plaxo is an online address book and social networking service founded by Napster co-founder Sean Parker, Minh Nguyen and two Stanford engineering students, Todd Masonis and Cameron Ring. The company was named by David Weekly.

17. Bebo: Bebo, an acronym for "Blog early, blog often", is a social networking website, founded in January 2005.

18. Hi5: Hi5 is a social networking website. The company was founded in 2003 by Ramu Yalamanchi who is also the current CEO. As of January 2009, Hi5 claims to have over 60 million active members.

19. Xanga: Xanga is a website that hosts weblogs, photoblogs, and social networking profiles. It is operated by Xanga.com, Inc., based in New York City.

20. Delicious: Delicious (formerly del.icio.us, pronounced "delicious") is a social bookmarking web service for storing, sharing, and discovering web bookmarks. The site was founded by Joshua Schachter in 2003 and acquired by Yahoo! in 2005.

The remaining websites will be treated later on. If you have any question, do not hesitate to post it here.

Thanks to Afrowall

MyWorld

This is indeed resourceful. Thanks to all contributors. With this I bet, web traffic will be more easier and affordable. 100% Thumb UP!!!

MyInfoStride

Thanks for your comments, MyWorld. I just developed a mod that users can easily click on beside forum topic and submit to all social networks on ping.fm. This is indeed a good mod for forum webmasters.

It has to be noted that user must register on ping.fm and connect choice social networks before this can work. I have it already installed here and other forum. It has been tested. It really works fine and increases traffic to my websites.

Although, the mod is still awaiting approval by Simple Machines Forum (SMF) team but can be explored here: PingThis SMF Mod. Once approved, further development will be done.

For support and comments on the mods, check this link: PingThis SMF Mod - Simultaneously Update Social Networks with a Click.

MyInfoStride

The mod developed to integrate ping.fm into SMF has been updated and approved by SMF Team. It now supports both SMF 1.11.1 and SMF 2.0 RC3. Download and install it on your forum now to start increasing your forum visitors. This Mod is hot!

Your comments would be appreciated.

Godmother

I use ping.fm and the visitors come as well, but all they do is read the site content and move on.

MyInfoStride

Quote from: Godmother on May 29, 2011, 07:34 AM
I use ping.fm and the visitors come as well, but all they do is read the site content and move on.

Yes, that is the first motive. If the visitors find your site contents useful, they will visit back.

nblinks

Quote from: Dewale on May 29, 2011, 10:39 AM

Yes, that is the first motive. If the visitors find your site contents useful, they will visit back.

Godmother, It may be through that traffic comes from ping.fm to tour website but they just read the content and move on.
If you want them to stay on your website and perform some action, you will have to put interesting contents that they will get engaged with on your website.

MyInfoStride

Quote from: nblinks on Jan 14, 2012, 02:48 PM
Quote from: Dewale on May 29, 2011, 10:39 AM

Godmother, It may be through that traffic comes from ping.fm to tour website but they just read the content and move on.
If you want them to stay on your website and perform some action, you will have to put interesting contents that they will get engaged with on your website.

You are right!

MyInfoStride