Job Title: People and Operations Manager
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Employer: Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO)
VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in over 40 developing countries.
VSO has been operating across Nigeria since 1958 and has accompanied the country through complex social change and growth, alongside local conflict and instability building capacity of civil society and government structures. VSO Nigeria’s current strategy 2012-15 promotes holistic integrated development of marginalized youth by promoting employment, employability and enterprise development, enhancing quality of education and nurturing leadership to promote youth participation and accountability in governance ..
VSO Nigeria is recruiting for People and Operations Manager based in Abuja.
• VSO Nigeria needs a People and Operations Manager to strengthen its operation as a senior member of the Country
• leadership team.
• The primary purpose of this role is to lead, develop, implement, and manage the human resource function for over 40 international volunteers and employees by providing operations management support to deliver the country strategy.
• Will manage the operations and logistics function within VSO Nigeria including the development of a cost effective operations and procurement system.
• Will lead a highly motivated team to promote a culture of value for money and efficiency and effectiveness in all our operations.
• Represents VSO internally and externally and builds relationships with key stakeholders such as Nigerian Immigration Service and National Planning Commission; reports to the Country Director.
How to Apply:
Applications should be submitted online or sent with your CV, motivation cover letter and two names or your nominated referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 12th December 2013.
We respect all candidates but we can only respond to shortlisted candidates. Suitably qualified women are especially encouraged to apply.