Job Title: Assistant Producer (Radio Drama)
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Employer: British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC)
BBC Media Action is the international development charity of the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC), working in over 2S countries across the world. BBC Media Action works in partnership with local media agencies, civil society organisations, and governments to achieve long term development goals. We produce creative media content to inform and engage audiences, and strengthen the media sector by building professional skills and technical capacity.
The contract duration is for one year with possibility of renewal subject to availability of funds and satisfactory performance. The start date is February/March 2014 with a probation period of 3 months for each of the position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist the producer and the production department in all activities required to produce and distribute radio drama outputs on time and within budget.
• Identify, organise and oversee the activities of writers, actors. directors. sound engineers, assistant producers and other personnel throughout the production process for a radio drama, including contracting, logistics, scheduling, research, writing, recording and editing.
• Ensure that all scripts and recordings meet project objectives and are in line with BBC Editorial values and standards, by working with scriptwriters in developing story outlines and editing final drafts and working with directors in rehearsals and recordings.
• Coordinate with other departments as appropriate to ensure that production outputs are meeting project objectives, drawing on research findings, informing training and being distributed on time.
• Monitor and ensure that expenses are in compliance with production budget.
• Prepare operational reports,
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned.
• A good first degree in Theatre Arts, Mass Communication, Communication Arts. English or the Social Sciences or any other relevant field.
• An additional certificate/Training in scriptwriting/editing. programme production, directing will be an added advantage;
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply online or send in their application/cover letter with an introduction and capability statement stating their capability for the job, as well as a detailed curriculum vitae (Word document please) with names and addresses of at least 2 professional referees (including their telephone, fax and email addresses) to: email@example.com with the position applied for clearly stated on the application letter.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.