AUSTIN, TX and STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN–(Marketwired – June 18, 2014) –
SolarWinds (NYSE: SWI), a leading provider of powerful and affordable IT management software, today announced the acquisition of Pingdom, a leading provider of website monitoring and performance management solutions. The acquisition of Pingdom will allow SolarWinds to expand beyond its traditional on-premise IT Management stronghold to support the evolution of performance management from on-premise IT, to IT as a Service, and to IT in the Cloud.
- In the rapidly emerging Cloud era, complex technologies and application architectures are creating new challenges in developing and managing the availability of business-critical application environments.
- These applications — including the platforms (web, mobile, Cloud) on which they operate — have a level of interdependence and complexity not experienced before.
- With the average user’s expectation that websites, mobile apps and SaaS-based applications will perform within 3-5 seconds, failure to meet this “requirement” risks abandonment.
If an app is slow, the user experience quickly becomes unacceptable, the business’ productivity comes to a screeching halt, and revenue can be lost. SLOW IS THE NEW DOWN.
“As the mantra for web and applications operations teams moves from ensuring the basic availability of IT infrastructure to delivering performance management for critical application capabilities to end-users, the need for comprehensive performance management products increases,” said Kevin Thompson, CEO and President, SolarWinds. “Based on the feedback we have received from more than 150,000 customers, we know that web applications are becoming ubiquitous and increasingly critical to their businesses. We, as a key partner in solving performance issues, need to move with them through this transition.”
“We share SolarWinds’ vision of the evolution and development of the Web, web application and mobile application environments in support of business-critical processes,” said Sam Nurmi, CEO, Pingdom. “Comprehensive web app monitoring enables those responsible for web environments to sort through and analyze the vast amount of data created by websites, mobile and web applications, and the technology and infrastructure on which they depend. Access to the right information, delivered in real time, is the difference between reacting to business and driving the business.”
- SolarWinds believes that IT organizations of all sizes will continue to manage existing on-premise infrastructure as they move to rapidly implement new technologies. As such, they will need the same level of easy to use and affordable management products to get a top to bottom view of business-critical applications.
- The individuals responsible for managing these web app environments must answer critical questions in order to maintain performance and availability. Who are my application users? Are they getting the experience they expect? Where are they experiencing lag and why? Where is the problem?
- Pingdom, a leader in the website monitoring and performance market, is dedicated to making the web faster and more reliable by creating easy to use tools and services for website and web application owners, regardless of who they are, where they are and their size.
- Based on the strength of the Pingdom® product, more than 500,000 users worldwide, including some of the biggest brands in the world, entrust their web performance to Pingdom.
- The level of visibility SolarWinds and Pingdom together can provide through their product offerings enables web and application operations teams by proactively identifying and addressing problems before they affect the end-user.
Thompson summarized, “Our approach to solving performance management for on-premise IT will extend to how we approach web application management and, eventually, Cloud management. We will continue to give users the ability to solve a specific management problem or use a combination of integrated products to get a top to bottom view of the application environment and the supporting infrastructure, regardless of where it lives. Based on Pingdom’s transactional business model and commitment to product usability, we believe that it is the right partner for SolarWinds as we extend our leadership in solving these emerging performance management issues.”
Additional information regarding this announcement can be found here.
For more information on SolarWinds, visit www.solarwinds.com.
For more information on Pingdom, visit www.pingdom.com.
This press release contains “forward-looking” statements, which are subject to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including statements regarding the opportunities presented for SolarWinds by the acquisition and its ability to leverage those opportunities, the ability of SolarWinds to integrate the acquisition successfully and SolarWinds approach to solving performance management issues in web application management and, eventually, Cloud management. These forward-looking statements are based on management’s beliefs and assumptions and on information currently available to management. Forward-looking statements include all statements that are not historical facts and may be identified by terms such as “will,” “continues,” “believes,” “intends” or similar expressions and the negatives of those terms. Forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause actual results, performance or achievements to be materially different from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements. Factors that could cause or contribute to such differences include, but are not limited to, the following: (a) the inability to generate significant volumes of sales leads from Internet search engines, marketing campaigns and traffic to our websites; (b) the inability to expand our sales operations effectively; (c) the inability to increase sales to existing customers and to attract new customers; (d) SolarWinds’ ability to successfully identify, complete, and integrate acquisitions; (e) the possibility that general economic conditions or uncertainty cause information technology spending to be reduced or purchasing decisions to be delayed; and (f) such other risks and uncertainties described more fully in documents filed with or furnished to the Securities and Exchange Commission, including the Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2013 filed on February 14, 2014. All information provided in this release is as of the date hereof and SolarWinds undertakes no duty to update this information except as required by law.
SolarWinds (NYSE: SWI) provides powerful and affordable IT management software to customers worldwide from Fortune 500 enterprises to small businesses. In all of our market areas, our approach is consistent. We focus exclusively on IT Pros and strive to eliminate the complexity that they have been forced to accept from traditional enterprise software vendors. SolarWinds delivers on this commitment with unexpected simplicity through products that are easy to find, buy, use and maintain while providing the power to address any IT management problem on any scale. Our solutions are rooted in our deep connection to our user base, which interacts in our thwack® online community to solve problems, share technology and best practices, and directly participate in our product development process. Learn more today at http://www.solarwinds.com.
SolarWinds, SolarWinds & Design, thwack and Pingdom are the exclusive property of SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC or its affiliates. All other company and product names mentioned are used only for identification purposes and may be or are intellectual property of their respective companies.
Pingdom is a website and performance monitoring company dedicated to make the web faster and more reliable. We do this by creating easy to use and powerful tools and services for website owners. With Pingdom, customers are the first to know of any issues with their website, DNS, email server, or any other infrastructure they choose to monitor. Pingdom alerts customers of any issues so that they can focus on their daily business. The platform allows customers to easily and quickly set up monitoring without all the technical work normally involved. All that is needed is a URL, Pingdom will take care of the rest. Learn more about Pingdom at https://www.Pingdom.com.
© 2014 SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. All rights reserved.