NUREMBERG, GERMANY–(Marketwired – Feb 23, 2015) –
GizmoSphere, a nonprofit open-source development board community, today announced that the Gizmo 2 platform is now shipping to distributors and available for customer delivery. Additionally, Gizmo 2 will be featured at the upcoming Embedded World Conference from Feb. 24 – 26, 2015, in Nuremberg, Germany at the AMD and element14 booths.
Gizmo 2 is a second-generation, 64-bit x86-based single board computer (SBC), offering embedded programmers and advanced DIYers unparalleled compute and graphics performance on a single platform for a wide range of Linux- and Windows-based development projects. The platform includes:
- Coreboot®-based SageBIOS™ from Sage Electronic Engineering
- Timesys-powered embedded Linux environment showcasing accelerated video, native C/C++ and Python application development
- Access to Timesys LinuxLink for building an optimized, deeply embedded Linux platform
- Support for the Minoca operating system
- Access to the GizmoSphere community site for the latest projects, tips-n-tricks, support forums and updates at no extra charge
The Gizmo 2 SBC is available worldwide for $199 (USD) through element14 and Symmetry Electronics.
To register for the conference, visit: www.embedded-world.de.
February 24 – 26, 2015
AMD, Hall 1, Booth 138 and element14, Hall 5, Booth 221, Embedded World, Messezentrum Exhibition Centre, Karl-Schoenleben-Strasse, 90471, Nuremberg, Germany
For more information or to set up a meeting with GizmoSphere, please contact Jodi Mouratis at Jodi.Mouratis@edelman.com.
GizmoSphere is an independent initiative created to meet the open-source development needs of embedded developers around the globe. It serves as a resource center providing documentation, downloads, schematics, news and other information pertinent to the embedded development community. GizmoSphere offers Gizmo 2, which brings the power of a supercomputer and the I/O capabilities of a microcontroller to the x86 open-source embedded development community in one convenient, affordable package. For details, visit www.gizmosphere.org.
Edelman for GizmoSphere