Home Sports No Offer From Liverpool For Naby Keita In January – Ralf Rangnick

No Offer From Liverpool For Naby Keita In January – Ralf Rangnick

naby keitaLiverpool have not made an offer to move up their acquisition of Naby Keita to this month, RB Leipzig sporting director Ralf Rangnick has said.

Leipzig do not want to lose Keita this month as they still remain in a battle to secure Champions League qualification for next campaign and find themselves in the round-of-32 of this season’s Europa League.

Keita scored for Leipzig on Saturday as the home side defeated Schalke 3-1 to move to second in the Bundesliga.

Director Rangnick has said there had been no contact from Liverpool about changing the existing agreement, reported to worth some €70 million.

“There are no inquiries or offers for any player who is on the pitch on or the bench for us today from any club,” said Rangnick, who added that an increased offer would make no difference.

Rangnick added to Sky Germany about Keita: “Neither the player has told us that he wants to change, nor is there an offer from Liverpool.

“He wants to leave us in the summer. He will play with us until the end of the season. There is nothing more to say.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here