Tynt-SMF Tracer Mod

Started by Admin, Jul 24, 2010, 02:30 AM

MyInfoStride

Quote from: Evilcyber on Dec 19, 2010, 04:05 AM
Maybe you should have mentioned somewhere that the mod phones home data to your server, which is absolutely not necessary. You are aggravating data without actively telling users of your mod that you do so.

What puts insults next to injury is that your server is awfully slow and can cause page load times of around 10 seconds, which explains the previous user's problem.

For anyone not wanting to use this mod: Simply install the Global / Headers Footers mod, get your Tynt js code and put it in the footer.

Thanks for providing more insight into this. This is well-noted and will be considered in next update of the mod.

giannis_athens

Quote from: InfoStrides on Dec 19, 2010, 06:13 AM
Hello there everyone!
Congratulations for your very nice job...  :)

Iam running SMF 2.0 RC3 forum and iam trying to install the Tynt-SMF Tracer Mod v1.0
At the beggining of the installation i have an Error in Package Installation.
This is the error:

Execute Modification  ./Themes/default/index.template.php  Test failed
Add Before ./Themes/default/index.template.php

Anyway, i try to do the installation manually and i figure out that in :
./Themes/default/index.template.php
Cannot find the :
// Output any remaining HTML headers. (from mods, maybe?)
And  add before the :
[i]
//Tynt-SMF Tracer Mod Starts Here
if (!empty($modSettings['tynt_on']) && !empty($modSettings['tynt_userid']) && isset($modSettings['tynt_linkprefix']))
echo '
    <script type="text/javascript">tyntVariables = {"ap":"', $modSettings['tynt_linkprefix'] . '"};</script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://mods.theinfostrides.com/scripts/Tracer.js?user=', $modSettings['tynt_userid'] . '"></script>';

//Tynt-SMF Tracer Mod Ends Here [/i]

Any suggestions?

MyInfoStride

Quote from: giannis_athens on Dec 21, 2010, 01:31 PM
Hello there everyone!
Congratulations for your very nice job...  :)

Any suggestions?

This comments "// Output any remaining HTML headers. (from mods, maybe?)" must be in your index.Template.php. If you don't see it then, you might probably deleted it while you were doing previous manual editing on the template.

giannis_athens

Quote from: InfoStrides on Dec 22, 2010, 08:02 PM
This comments "// Output any remaining HTML headers. (from mods, maybe?)" must be in your index.Template.php. If you don't see it then, you might probably deleted it while you were doing previous manual editing on the template.
The comments : // Output any remaining HTML headers. (from mods, maybe?)
according to manual installation must be at ./Themes/default/index.template.php but i cannot find them.
So any opinion where to paste the:
//Tynt-SMF Tracer Mod Starts Here
   if (!empty($modSettings['tynt_on']) && !empty($modSettings['tynt_userid']) && isset($modSettings['tynt_linkprefix']))
      echo '
      <script type="text/javascript">tyntVariables = {"ap":"', $modSettings['tynt_linkprefix'] . '"};</script>
   <script type="text/javascript" src="http://mods.theinfostrides.com/scripts/Tracer.js?user=', $modSettings['tynt_userid'] . '"></script>';

????
Any solution???

MyInfoStride

Can you attach your index.template.php file here? Let me have a look!

giannis_athens

Quote from: InfoStrides on Dec 22, 2010, 11:27 PM
Can you attach your index.template.php file here? Let me have a look!
Ok..... i made it.
I have installed in mhy forum the : Global Headers and Footers Mod
and i paste the Tynt  scipt code in the Headers...everything works fine now.
Thank you very much for your support.
Do you believe i wil have any problems with that?

MyInfoStride

Quote from: giannis_athens on Dec 23, 2010, 12:49 AM
Ok..... i made it.
I have installed in mhy forum the : Global Headers and Footers Mod
and i paste the Tynt  scipt code in the Headers...everything works fine now.
Thank you very much for your support.
Do you believe i wil have any problems with that?

Ok good. But you need to resolve the missing comments, otherwise, you will still face some challenges with installing other mods that may require it.

daviddino

Quote from: InfoStrides on Dec 23, 2010, 01:18 AM
Ok good. But you need to resolve the missing comments, otherwise, you will still face some challenges with installing other mods that may require it.

You're right. The missing line need be resolved.

Benchapon

MyInfoStride