Nigerian Job Searching Secrets

Started by harrisonboge, Jun 12, 2013, 06:23 PM

harrisonboge

It is no longer news that finding jobs in our country-Nigeria is almost an impossible adventure. This is because of what I call the "Who-You-Know" syndrome that has negatively affected the minds of so many Nigerian job applicants today. What do I mean? It is often believed by these applicants that it is who you know that matter in the Nigerian job hunting adventure. This implies that if you do not know or have somebody at the helm of affairs in any company or firm that you intend to work, then the possibility of you getting a job is very slim.

Most of these applicants spend almost all their time looking for the so-called 'Connection' that will give them the job that they so desire  and this has made so many of them lose their valuable assets. Some have even gone as far as borrowing money to give to someone that claims to be at the helm of affairs or knows who can help them get a job as quickly as possible, while some of our female folks have been misled all in the name of getting a job. What a pity!

You may want to ask, does this mean people are not using this "Who-you-know" to get jobs in Nigeria? Yes, some may have gotten theirs through these means but do you know how many Nigerian applicants that have been wasting their precious time and life all in the name of waiting for one 'big dude' somewhere that may have promised them job? What a waste of time!

My question here is: does it mean that all the employees in our country got into their various offices only by this means? You will agree with me that there must be so many other employees that got theirs without having to pass through anybody. Of course, I know of some persons that got theirs without anybody's assistance. How did this happen? You may want to ask. This was the reason why I have decided to put together this article to help as many persons that will care to apply some of the helpful tips that I will be sharing here.

I will not like to bug you with too many information here as this first part of the article is just an introductory part of it and in my next article, I will be sharing with you some vital things you need to understand about the Nigerian job Market. Talk to you soon!