Understanding the Nigerian Job Market

Started by harrisonboge, Jun 19, 2013, 11:59 AM

harrisonboge

In Nigerian job market today, you will find out that things are gradually changing as the traditional way of applying for jobs are now becoming obsolete.  In a few years from now, all job applications will be done online. Many multinational companies have already started using online as their only medium for accepting job applications from applicants while others are still in the process of making this a reality.

With time, it will be very difficult, if not impossible, to find any company or firm that will be accepting manual or offline applications from applicants. What does this imply? It therefore suggests that applicants will have to make all necessary adjustments as quickly as possible, to match these new developments in the job market.

Another important fact that I will like to share is that, because of the huge volume of applications that employers receive each year, it is now almost impossible for them to spend much time trying to go through all the individual CV of applicants.
From my research, I have discovered that employers or job consultants are not willing to waste their time and energy going through any CV submitted by an applicant when it does not contain what is required. Well, I will take my time to talk more about this in the later part of this material.

Recently, I was going through some online articles and I was very surprised to learn that employers and job consultants spend less than one minute to go through an application. How is this possible? You may want to ask like I did when I was reading those few lines of articles. As I did more research, I realized it was true.

Employers spend only few seconds on the first page of your CV and if they cannot find what they are looking for, then it is trashed or dropped immediately. How you present or format your CV is key to your job hunting success.