Buhari Postpones 70th Birthday For Late Governor

Started by emezico, Dec 17, 2012, 10:23 PM

emezico

Former head of state, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari was one of hundreds of sympathisers that commiserated with the family of late former governor Patrick Yakowa yesterday, describing him as an honest, humble and true leader who promoted peace and development throughout his life.

Gen. Buhari, who had concluded arrangements for his 70th birthday celebration today, ordered that they be put on hold in honour of the late governor.

The elder statesman extolled the virtues of the late governor, saying that in spite of the diverse challenges confronting the state, Yakowa was still able to unite and promote peaceful coexistence amongst the people.

He advised public officers to emulate the late governor's virtues which he displayed by promoting peace, unity and development.
Buhari, who was at the Kaduna Government House to express his heart-felt sympathies, described late Yakowa as a highly detribalised Nigerian.

"I felt really sad when I heard about the helicopter crash. I came to condole with the immediate family, the people of Kaduna State and the people Nigeria for this great loss," he said.

"Yakowa was a great technocrat, a true leader who understands politics and was a very conscientious leader. He was a very honest, religious, humble and peace loving. I pray to God to give him eternal peace and I pray to God to give the family the courage and fortitude to bear the lost. He was in charge of a mini-Nigeria, and he was hardworking, and relate well with all the people of Kaduna State."

SOURCE: Leadership.ng