Full/Part Time: Full-Time

Regular/Temporary: Regular

Employer: Transocean Offshore USA Inc

Job Description:

THIRD ASSISTANT ENGINEER

REPORTING: Reports to the Second Assistant Engineer

SUPERVISION: Supervises the Motor Operator

PREREQUISITES / QUALIFICATIONS:

•   High school diploma or equivalent. Work experience and demonstrated ability of oral and written communications may be substituted in lieu of formal education.

•   Valid 3rd Engineer Unlimited License (Class 3 Motor above 3000kW)

•   Valid medical examination and vaccination certificates

•   Knowledge of technical calculations required for mechanical operations and basic computer skills

BASIC FUNCTION: Assist in maintaining and repairing mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment onboard the vessel

DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:

Operations/Maintenance:

•   Ensure conformance to Company policies, local and international regulations relating to the operation of the rig, and current pollution regulations – Authority I

•   Perform daily inspections and maintenance on mechanical equipment – Authority I

•   Ensure compliance with the Rig Maintenance System (RMS) and ensure all records are maintained on a timely basis – Authority II

•   Carry out periodic maintenance according to RMS guidelines and coordinate that maintenance with supervisors and other department heads – Authority II

•   Ensure that reports for repair and maintenance of equipment are accurate and complete – Authority II

•   Assist with maintenance and repair of power plants, cooling water system, lube oil system, and fuel system – Authority II

•   Assist in troubleshooting and repairing faulty mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic drilling equipment and tools – Authority II

•   Assist in maintaining marine equipment, i.e. cranes, thrusters, ballast pumps and valves, auxiliary equipment, etc. – Authority II

•   Apply the permit to work and isolation systems as required – Authority I

•   Assist in implementing outstanding recommendations from audits, as issued by Clients, Regulatory Authorities or rig management – Authority II

•   In conjunction with the Second Engineer, monitor and control the use and distribution of consumables/materials; generate requisitions as required – Authority II

•   Assist in ensuring that all third-party equipment is fit for purpose, certified, correctly installed, and maintained while on the rig – Authority II

•   Ensure that service, maintenance and other operational reports are accurate and complete – Authority I

•   Inform supervisor and other department heads of any technical problems or limitations that may affect the safe operation of the rig – Authority I

•   Carry out classification society surveys as part of continuous survey of machinery – Authority I

QHSE:

•   Incorporate the THINK planning process into all tasks, whether working alone or as part of a team – Authority I

•   Participate in the START Process – Authority I

•   Ensure that subordinate personnel are properly trained in the START process – Authority I

•   Call a Time Out for Safety (TOFS) whenever an unplanned hazard or a change in the expected results is observed – Authority I

•   Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements for environmental protection – Authority I

•   Actively participate in weekly safety meetings and pre-job meetings as required – Authority I

•   Respond to emergency situations and environmental protection issues as per designation on station bill – Authority II

•   Report any incidents, potential hazards or abnormal situations to supervisor and other department heads – Authority I

•   Ensure that a high standard of hygiene and housekeeping is maintained onboard the rig – Authority I

Personnel:

•   Meet the training requirements according to the applicable training matrix – Authority I

•   Participate fully in the annual performance appraisal process – Authority I

•   Mentor, develop and train crew members to ensure that they are competent to work at their next job level – Authority II

•   Supervise and guide the Motor Operator and Mechanic Trainee in their On-the-Job Training (OJT) program – Authority I

•   Maintain discipline onboard and ensure compliance with Company disciplinary procedures – Authority I

DEFINITION OF DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY: Authority I: To act

Authority II: To act but inform supervisor and/or other interested parties

Authority III: To obtain supervisor's approval before acting

Note: The above is not a complete list of duties but a guide, as tasks and objectives can change depending on needs.in discipline onboard and ensure compliance with Company disciplinary procedures – Authority I

DEFINITION OF DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY: Authority I: To act

Authority II: To act but inform supervisor and/or other interested parties

Authority III: To obtain supervisor's approval before acting

Note: The above is not a complete list of duties but a guide, as tasks and objectives can change depending on needs.

Apply to this job