“Why I Did Not Abort My “Clarence Peters Pregnancy” – Actress Clarion Chukwurah

Started by emezico, Mar 25, 2014, 10:53 PM

emezico

Clarion & Afro-juju legend Sir Shina Peters are parents to top music director Clarence Peters. Clarion reportedly took care of Clarence on her own till he became who he is today. These days, Shina Peters is so proud of his son..In an interview with The Nation,she opened up on why she didn't terminate the pregnancy even when she had the opportunity to..

"You know what? It is not because Clarence is successful today. Clarence knows the truth and those who are close to me know the truth. I didn't have Clarence because I was too helpless to get rid of his pregnancy. I had three sets of friends: there was Dr. Ojikutu (pauses)... when I was in the University of Ife (now Obafemi Awolowo University), he was ready to do it, free of charge. There was St. Lawrence in Ibadan and St. Jude here in Lagos. But each time, I said no. I lost my father when I was 11 and he left a message that he was going to come back to me through my first kid. So, when I got pregnant, it kept ringing in my head that my father was coming back to me. Even my ex- husband knew how much my father meant to me. It was on his 30th anniversary that I was able to let go of the hurt of his death. Having Clarence was deliberate. I just had the conviction that my father was coming back. And from when he was born, everyone calls him daddy, including my mum"
On not getting married.....

Yes. I made a choice. I had Clarence, but I didn't get married to his father. I got married to Brian's father, but it didn't work out. I made a choice and if I had to be married, my focus will have to be divided and somehow there will be some psychological upheaval in my children.Why does it have to be marriage? Why can't it be a relationship? No, no, no! I think a relationship makes it easier for both of us, you know. We each have our different and established lives. There are certain things you don't start expecting the person to give up. This is because marriage means you have to give up one or two things. When you start expecting somebody to give up something for you, then, you start expecting cramping that person's style.