Two Steps to Correctly Search for Job in Nigeria

Started by harrisonboge, Jul 10, 2013, 04:14 AM

harrisonboge

The Right Mind Set
You may want to ask that what this has to do with finding a job. If you permit me, I would politely tell you, in my opinion, that this is the most important factor to be considered if you must be successful in your job searching adventure. Without having the right frame of mind all the time, it will be very difficult, if not impossible for anybody to achieve anything tangible in life.

What exactly do I mean? I am saying here that having the right mind set is simply being positive that any challenge you face in life, that there must always be a way out of it. You now convince yourself that as our individual names are different, so is our destinies. So if other applicants are not finding jobs, I must get a job because I don't have the same destinies with them. This is the kind of mind set you need to build in yourself all the time and once you are convinced about this, it will be impossible for you to be discouraged in your quest for finding the right job.

Before we talk about your next step to take after this, I will like to encourage you, my dear reader, to always let this mindset be in you and to completely avoid any friend or group of friends that will make you think otherwise if you are not able to make them think like you.

Choose your Areas of Interest
Searching for a job demands some hard work and it therefore requires some strategic approach. You should avoid the temptation of applying for any job vacancy you find simply because it is vacant. This is because all the job vacancies are not meant for you. This means that, there are some jobs that you qualify for and there are others you don't.

So it will be very important for you to choose the areas or sectors in the job market that you are interested and making applications as it applies to you. For example, if you are a fresh graduate with no previous work experience, you should focus more on 'Graduate Trainee' job vacancies and other jobs vacancies that requires no previous working experience. This will save you a lot of stresses and discouragements.

My point here is that when you focus more on job vacancies that relates to you, it will save you some energy and you will be surprised at the results that you will be getting as   you put this into practice.