World Bank Global Secondment Program

Started by Jobbers, Jun 11, 2011, 06:37 PM

Jobbers

The Partnership Programs Office has consolidated the Staff Exchange Program and the Secondment Program into a single Program with a simplified and leaner structure:  the Global Secondment Program (GSP).  Effective immediately, all new incoming assignments will be managed under the GSP.   If you have any questions, please contact us at: hrweb@worldbank.org

PURPOSE

The Global Secondment Program (GSP) provides an opportunity for officials of a member country, regional agency, development bank, international organization or private enterprise to be appointed on a Special Assignment or Term appointment to the World Bank for a specific period of time not to exceed four years for skills enhancement, knowledge sharing, strategic alliances, cultural exchange, and diversification to contribute to the Bank's work program. The GSP is often used as a pre-recruitment step, especially for nationalities of concern.

ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES

•   Each assignment is arranged directly between the hiring manager, the external organization, and the participant.
•   It is the responsibility of the hiring manager to ensure that the Terms of Reference does not present a conflict of interest and that other hiring guidelines are maintained.
•   Terms of Reference should be submitted in standard Bank format (refer to Annex 1).
•   Participants must meet relevant selection criteria commensurate with the proposed grade of the assignment.

Read more: Jobs - Criteria for Assignments

artistry

This post reads like it would be an interesting position to apply for. I have no idea where Abjua would be. I was previously a federal bank examiner, traveling to various parts of the United States, on assignment. Thoroughly enjoyed it for twelve years. If I were a younger person, this program would certainly be enticing.

MyInfoStride

Quote from: artistry on Dec 08, 2011, 06:30 AM
This post reads like it would be an interesting position to apply for. I have no idea where Abjua would be. I was previously a federal bank examiner, traveling to various parts of the United States, on assignment. Thoroughly enjoyed it for twelve years. If I were a younger person, this program would certainly be enticing.

Abuja is in Nigeria.

MyInfoStride