The 100: A Ranking of the Most Influential Persons in History

Started by bayo4luv, Aug 27, 2010, 10:41 AM

bayo4luv

Michael H. Hart of  who wrote "The 100 most influential persons in " and placed   (peace and blessings of God be upon him) as number one, on the top of the list

"My choice of Muhammad to lead the best of the world's most influential persons may surprise some readers and may be questioned by others, but he was the only man in history who was supremely successful on both the religious and secular levels.

His complete biography has been authenticated and circulated amongst scholars around the world starting while he was still alive and continuing up until today. One of the first examples we quote from is from the Encyclopedia Britannica, as it confirms:

(Regarding Muhammad) "... a mass of detail in the early sources shows that he was an honest and upright man who had gained the respect and loyalty of others who were likewise honest and upright men." [Vol. 12]

What some famous Non-Muslims said about Prophet Muhammad?
http://www.youtube.com/v/dqzoF_zMX_A?fs=1&hl=en_US

Reverend R. Bosworth-Smith wrote in "Mohammed & Mohammedanism" in 1946:

"Head of the state as well as the Church, he was Caesar and Pope in one; but, he was pope without the pope's claims, and Caesar without the legions of Caesar, without a standing army, without a bodyguard, without a palace, without a fixed revenue. If ever any man had the right to say that he ruled by a Right Divine, it was Mohammad, for he had all the power without instruments and without its support. He cared not for dressing of power. The simplicity of his private life was in keeping with his public life."

George Bernard Shaw:

"I believe that if a man like him were to assume the dictatorship of the modern world, he would succeed in solving the problems in a way that would bring the much needed peace and happiness. Europe is beginning to be enamored of the creed of Muhammad. In the next century it may go further in recognizing the utility of that creed in solving its problems." (A Collection of writing of some of the eminent scholars, 1935).

Lamartine's tribute to the Prophet:

"If greatness of purpose, smallness of means and astounding results are the three criteria of human genius, who could claim to compare any great man in modern history with Muhammad?" (Histoire de la Turquie, 1855).

Gandhi:

"I wanted to know the best of one who holds today undisputed sway over the hearts of millions of mankind... I became more than convinced that it was not the sword that won a place for Islam in those days in the scheme of life. It was the rigid simplicity, the utter self-effacement of the Prophet, the scrupulous regard for his pledges, his intense devotion to his friends and followers, his intrepidity, his fearlessness, his absolute trust in God and in his own mission. These and not the sword carried everything before them and surmounted every obstacle. When I closed the 2nd volume (of the Prophet's biography), I was sorry there was not more for me to read of the great life."

English author Thomas Carlyle in his 'Heroes and Hero Worship', was simply amazed:

"How one man single handedly, could weld warring tribes and wandering Bedouins into a most powerful and civilized nation in less than two decades."

EWolfgang Goethe, perhaps the greatest European poet ever, wrote about Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him. He said:

"He is a prophet and not a poet and therefore his Quran is to be seen as Divine Law and not as a book of a human being, made for education or entertainment." [Noten und Abhandlungen zum Weststlichen Dvan, WA I, 7, 32]

Muhammad, peace be upon him, was nothing more or less than a human being, but he was a man with a noble mission, which was to unite humanity on the worship of ONE and ONLY ONE GOD and to teach them the way to honest and upright living based on the commands of God. He always described himself as, 'A Servant and Messenger of God' and so indeed every action of his proclaimed to be. 

More resources:
•   Religion of History's 100 Most Influential People
•   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_100
•   The 100: A Ranking of the Most Influential Persons in History, by Michael H. Hart
•   THE 100 - A RANKING OF THE MOST INFLUENTIAL PERSONS IN HISTORY: By
Michael H. Hart

•   Muhammad Ranked as One of the TOP 100 Persons in History
•   YouTube - The 100: A Ranking of the Most Influential Persons in History

charlly007

I don't know who this Mohammed is but i will do some thorough research on that.What a great man he was from your article.

coresite

What a very nice post. Thanks for sharing this info and letting us know something about Prophet Mohammad.

Jafar Anka

for those who don't no him, he is a prophet sent by the almighty Allah to the masses as guidance

Shola sholaz

no one should neglect whatever side of the religion his fellow man is on.we all are one and will continue to be one.tnxs

Ajadi yusuf

he has his reasons for doing that and we all have to respect it.we should nt question what he wrote pls.that wont b nyc.

KingFemzee

Nice write up... everybody believes in something or someone.

Arianna Christian

Thanks for shared great list..!!!Your list list is really helpful for all.

Stanley_13001

doctor

doctor