My personal experience with an internet scammer / fraudster

Started by MyInfoStride, Sep 28, 2012, 07:30 AM

MyInfoStride

This post is reflecting on my personal experience with internet scam and how I subdue it logically. It all started on Facebook and ended in my yahoo mail. I will relay the experience below so that others can learn from it and will be able to identify any scam related discussions. I will identify myself as "ME" while the spammer with "SCAMMER".

QuotePlease note that the Facebook friend whom the scammer hijack his account is currently studying and residing in the US.

FACEBOOK CHATS

SCAMMER: Hi Adewle

ME: Hello, Hw ah u? And ur side?

SCAMMER: I Need ur help ooo abeg

ME: Hw may I be of help?

<!--Service Failure! Cut in-->

ME: Are you still there?

SCAMMER: I Need etisalat card so the cafe attendant go fit buy am for my hand

ME: Where are you?

SCAMMER: I Don enter naija. i dey lagos now.

ME: OK....

SCAMMER: and the money whey i carry no fit buy e anytin now

ME: I no dey naija

<!--- No further message received once I told the guy "I no dey naija" that is "I am not in Nigeria". Immediately, I found that the Facebook account has been disabled. Meanwhile, my friend has another Facebook account whom I sent a message through to get in touch.-->

Here is the next scenario! I received a message on my Yahoo inbox from the same friend's email account. Follow the scenario below.

YAHOO MAIL TRAILS

eMail Subject: AWFUL TRIP!!!!!! (SCAMMER)

SCAMMER: I am writing this with tears in my eyes, I came down here to Manila,Philippines for a short  vacation unfortunately, i  were mugged at the park of the hotel where we stayed, all cash, credit cards and cell were stolen off us but fortunately for me, i still have our passports with me.

I have been to the embassy and the police here but they are not helping issues at all and my flight leaves in few hours from now but we're having  problems settling the  hotel bills and the hotel manager will not let us leave until we settle the bills .
Am freaked at the moment.

Thanks

ME: Hey yah!

Sorry for the unfortunate incident. I wish you safe exit from the country.

Best Regards,

SCAMMER: Am so glad to read from you,sorry i did not inform you about our short vacation right now we are in a local library where we can have access to internet facilities,i lost all contact to the muggers and i have canceled my credit card, i have no access to phone right now i could have called you, we need your help,i will pay you back once i get home, all we need to get back is $750. You can wire it to my name and my present location via Western union.I'll have to show my passport as ID to pick it up here and i promise to pay you back as soon as i get back home. These are the needed info

Name: SCAMMER SCAMMER
Malate, Manila Philippines

As soon as it has been done, kindly get back to me with the confirmation details. Let me know if you are heading to the WU outlet now???n

Thanks

ME: I am sorry SCAMMER. I don't have such amount to help now.

In the meantime, can you scan and send me your passport photopage? I need to confirm the authenticity of this claim so that I can rally round for the money.

Best Regards,

SCAMMER: pls ignore it. My email was compromised. They are bloody hackers.

ME: I thought as much.

No message received anymore!

What do you think about this? Post your comment!