Husband Seeks Divorce Over Wife's Inability To Cook Well

Started by emezico, Dec 03, 2011, 02:59 PM

emezico

According to Vanguard, a retired Police Officer, Alhaji Agboola Aluko, has urged an Ilorin Area Court to dissolve his marriage on grounds of his wife's inability to cook well and lack of respect.

He told the court that Aminat, his wife of over five years, was stubborn and disrespectful to his parents.

"My Lord, I want a dissolution of our marriage. We cannot continue to live as husband and wife anymore.

"She is disrespectful, cannot cook very well and above all, she is fond of raining curses on me," he said.

Aminat, however, told the court that she was also not interested in the marriage, praying the court to grant the prayers of her husband.

She told the court that their marriage was consummated in accordance with the Shariah Legal Code.

"Our marriage was contracted in accordance with the Shariah Legal Code. I am also not interested in the marriage. I support the divorce," she said.

The Presiding Judge, Mr Yahaya Kareem, reserved judgement, and urged the parties to resolve the matter amicably and adjourned the case to December 7.

In related development, the court reserved judgement in a divorce suit filed before it by Alhaja Fatimoh Agbarigidoma, a staff of the NDLEA in Oyo State.

The plaintiff approached the court for divorce on the grounds that her husband, Sa'ad Olarewaju, of Omoda compound was a drunk and usually beat her.

But her husband, who was represented in court by one Alhaji Issa Adisaof, urged the court not to grant the prayer of the plaintiff.

He said relatives would meet and resolve the matter amicably.

He told the court that Aminat, his wife of over five years, was stubborn and disrespectful to his parents.

"My Lord, I want a dissolution of our marriage. We cannot continue to live as husband and wife anymore.

"She is disrespectful, cannot cook very well and above all, she is fond of raining curses on me," he said.

Aminat, however, told the court that she was also not interested in the marriage, praying the court to grant the prayers of her husband.

She told the court that their marriage was consummated in accordance with the Shariah Legal Code.

"Our marriage was contracted in accordance with the Shariah Legal Code. I am also not interested in the marriage. I support the divorce," she said.

The Presiding Judge, Mr Yahaya Kareem, reserved judgement, and urged the parties to resolve the matter amicably and adjourned the case to Dec. 7.

In related development, the court reserved judgement in a divorce suit filed before it by Alhaja Fatimoh Agbarigidoma, a staff of the NDLEA in Oyo State.

The plaintiff approached the court for divorce on the grounds that her husband, Sa'ad Olarewaju, of Omoda compound was a drunk and usually beat her.

But her husband, who was represented in court by one Alhaji Issa Adisaof, urged the court not to grant the prayer of the plaintiff.

He said relatives would meet and resolve the matter amicably.

Vanguard