Common Parenting Mistakes we all make daily!!

Started by sofamous70, Jul 15, 2011, 05:12 PM

sofamous70

Common Parenting Mistakes we all make daily!!

As parents, we all want what is best for our children. We try to be caring, supportive, attentive, and helpful whenever we can, while also trying to provide a source of good advice and effective discipline. Unfortunately, children don't come with instruction manuals and parenting classes are not required in high school or college. As a result, we parents are often left to fend for ourselves and many times forced to learn our parenting skills via trial and error. Parenting mistakes are bound to occur.

An all-inclusive list of parenting mistakes would be very difficult to develop since there are too many to list. I have, however, come up with a list of the top nine parenting mistakes that I have noticed in my experiences with parents. Each parenting mistake is followed up with two examples.

1. Rewarding negative behaviours
Example 1: Your child is throwing a tantrum in the cereal aisle because he wants Cocoa Puffs instead of the healthy brand that you have picked out. To stop the tantrum (and to avoid the embarrassment of your screaming child) you unwittingly place the box of Cocoa Puffs into the cart and quickly go about the rest of your shopping. You have just rewarded your child for throwing a tantrum.

Example 2: Your daughter has a friend over after school on a Friday and has already been told that the friend cannot spend the night. Later in the evening your daughter approaches you and asks once again, only this time the friend is standing right there as you are being asked. Not wanting to appear "mean" in front of your daughter's friend, you reluctantly change your mind and agree to let the friend spend the night. You have just rewarded your daughter for manipulating.

by solomon aroh (solomon aroh)
(this is the link,copy and paste..)    thanks.... :D

Please copy and paste the link above in new browser to read the full blog free...and make your comments..:):)

emezico

This post is informative for parents and would-be parents. It would be helpful to read the rest of the parenting mistakes.

sofamous70

yes, reading the rest of the article might be of great help....you never know..:) but as a parent this as really helped me to discover my simple daily mistakes.....so if you want to read the full article....just click on the nam Solomon Aroh.....:):) :D

sofamous70