Stolen Money Storage of James Ibori - Former Governor of Delta State, Nigeria

Started by nReporter, Jan 29, 2013, 10:16 PM

nReporter

Wonder! They say will never cease to exist. That was what crossed my mind when I received this message in my inbox about ill-gotten wealth of the former Delta State Governor, James Ibori who is currently serving jailed terms in the United Kingdom. The following reflects the views of some of the concerned Nigerians about the report.

QuoteFor the non-Deltans, Thief  James Ibori. The Former Governor of Delta - State. (From a Supermarket Cashier in London to a Governor) Turned the treasury of Delta State to his Own.  He now Banks for Delta State in his House.  Apparently he has a branch of the Central Bank in his house.

Long Live Delta, Long Live Nigeria ,  Long Live Africa

Na wah o! Do you think this is real?

The first question I asked myself when I saw the pictures is that "what if fire guts the storage/room, what then happens to all the money"?
The second question is that "what if (God forbids) he dies as a result of ill health or through an accident, who spends the money"?
The third question is that "what does he need all that lot for knowing fully well that he served as a governor and with a very high placed salary"?

And the trouble is that there are a lot of people in the Niger-Delta region that are homeless, without food, jobs, good water, no electricity, no good roads, etc.

Why are Nigerians so greedy and selfish? The most painful part of it is that James Ibori is such an educated guy who studied abroad, hoping that with such experiences and exposure to the western society, he should know better (come to think of it-it happens in the western society but not as much as storing money in a house when it is not salt or cocoa pods)

Nigerians have prayed against these kind of ill-gotten wealth, Nigerians have cried, they have even set up panels to witch-hunt these dubious fellows that run the government of their states and federal as if it is a one-man business venture. What else can Nigerians do? Did I hear someone saying that we should continue to pray? Yes we will continue to pray as it is the poor Nigerians that pray according to the statistics.

I was reading in one of the Nigerian dailies that his wife is being interrogated by the Metropolitan Police and was recently bailed until further hearing sometime before the year runs out.

This is why I am so pained that I wasn't to go and read Law, go back to Nigeria and continue to fight for the masses, the poor, and the oppressed. And fight against corruption, money laundering, government houses turned into Central Oil (Money) reserves. The other day it was Alamaseigha, then Fayose, followed by Kalu, and very disappointing was the fact that Obasanjo whom we all thought was God sent became Minister for Petroleum siphoning almost $50 million every month into his account from proceedings of Oil money. This same oil is produced from the Niger-Delta area where their sources of water has been polluted, their land is no longer good for farming, life generally is a threat even to the living.

Well if you say we should keep praying, let us continue to pray and pray that they will not sell Nigeria to countries like South Africa at the cheapest rate. And I am sure many African countries will love to bid for Nigeria. we must put a stop to Injustice, corrupt practices, vilification, embezzlement, authority stealing.

How many of us read the Guardian on Monday where Babangida, Buhari and Abdulsalam praised Abacha and said that he (Abacha) did not loot government money. These were the same people saying then after his demise that he looted the nation's treasury. Nigeria! Nigeria!! Nigeria!!! Arise O compatriots!!!

Let us continue to pray...

Visit www.pisinaspa.gr to find out more regarding Αντλίες πισίνας astral

Shola Sholaz

The former state Governor Has also committed a lot of controversies and that is why he couldn't scale through this.

Shola Sholaz