The End of 2011 and the Beginning of 2012

Started by harrisonboge, Dec 31, 2011, 01:24 PM

harrisonboge

Hello guys, I will like to wish you all a happy and a prosperous New Year in advance. As this year-2011 is gradually fading away, I think it will be of great importance for us to take some time out to reflect/meditate on some of our achievements all through the year and some of the mistakes that we might have made also. This will enable us be better prepared for the year ahead-2012.

Few questions dropped directly into my heart as I try to reflect on some of the events that have happened to me since this year-2011 began. And some of which are: What have I achieved since this year? In which areas of my life do I need to improve? Have I really achieved all my goals this year-2011? And what do I need to do I ensure a better tomorrow-2012? Maybe, somebody must have asked this or is trying to ask the same/other questions as this year is winding down.

The First thing that will be important, in my opinion, is for us to take a good look at this year that will soon become a part of history because I think it will really set a baseline of what we will be able to achieve this coming year. This helps us to acknowledge and better appreciate what has happened in this fast few months.

Listing our achievements, whether in our career, family, relationships, and others could be a great way to remind ourselves that we are in charge of our destinies. And this does not necessarily have to be only about our careers as students. It could be other areas.

Now once we have taken stock of our achievements in 2011, it will then be important also for us to take stock of our failures/disappointments (for the purpose of learning).This will enable us to make all the necessary adjustments and to avoid repeating the same mistakes in future. We may not be able to do something about our past because it is past already but we can obviously do something about our future. This, I think!

After we have spent some time on our achievements and our disappointments, the next important thing is for us to take note of the lessons (if any) that we have learnt during this process. So, when we are looking at our achievements, we would want to ask, why we were able to achieve those things. What caused our success? What helped us along the way? And what were the reasons why we were able to accomplish those things?

We could even discover that we had a certain way of achieving results and by looking at all the things that we have accomplished over the year, who knows, we might find some similarities in our approach to the things that we have achieved.

Now, when we look at our disappointments and try to uncover the take away lesson from there, we may have to ask ourselves some slightly different questions. What could we have done differently? What can we do now to make sure we do things differently going forward?

We may really want to think deeply about our questions. Because this could be a good chance for us to uncover and harness the lessons and experiences we have just had to propel us as far forward as possible.

Finally, changing just a few behaviors that caused disappointments in the past or solidifying certain behaviors that have led to your greatest achievements, could greatly improve our chances of success in the coming year in a major way. Success and a Prosperous New Year, in advance, is my wish for all of us!

doctor

every new year brings new prospects and challenges

doctor