Save Nigeria Group (SNG) Demands from the Federal Government of Nigeria

Started by Jobbers, Jan 18, 2012, 10:31 AM

Jobbers

The Save Nigeria Group (SNG), Founded in January 2010, is a non-profit political society organization committed to creating a political environment that guarantees only the best, brightest, fittest and most competent Nigerians are democratically elected into public office, bound by a credible Constitution that promotes and protects the rights of every Nigerian.

The group has demanded that the Federal Government of Nigeria meet up the following requirements. Can this be meet up? What is your opinion about these demands? Please share!

1. There must be a law in place that makes stealing public funds an offence punishable with a minimum sentence of life imprisonment.

2. The Immunity Clause at the Federal and State levels must go.

3. The Security Vote is an avenue for unprecedented corruption and must be scrapped.

4. All government contracts must be by open tender henceforth.

5. The Presidency's overheads must not exceed 35% of the budget (against the current 72.2%).

6. The President's salary and allowances must not exceed N25,000,000 per annum.

7. Feeding in the Presidential and Viceā€President's lodges (outside of official functions) should be paid for by the consumer.

8. No legislator should earn more than a Permanent Secretary (salary and
allowances inclusive).

9. No government official must have more than one official car, and bloated convoys must become unacceptable.

10. No government official should be entitled to any foreign medical treatment.

11. The office of the First Lady at the Federal, State, and Local government levels is unconstitutional and must be scrapped.

12. The number of Special Advisers and Special Assistants must be reduced to the barest minimum. Nigeria's leaders must henceforth lead by example. There must be no removal of fuel subsidies until our leaders' extravagant lifestyles are no longer subsidized by the people of Nigeria!

Source: S A V E   N I G E R I A   G R O U P   O F F I C I A L   W E  B S I T E