THE CAT DIED! Reflecting on the avoidable death tolls in Nigeria

Started by The InfoStrides, Jun 03, 2012, 10:50 PM

The InfoStrides

On the 27th of February, 2012, I came across a headline that shocked me to my bone marrow! A cat had died in Aberdeen, Scotland. Not died, killed. Murdered in cold blood!

According to the 'Evening Express', "AN INVESTIGATION was under way today after a dead cat was found dumped in a bag in Aberdeen.

A passer-by discovered the animal, which had apparently been battered to death, stuffed in a rucksack in woods in the Summerhill area of Aberdeen.

The resident alerted the Scottish SPCA over the grim find and the charity issued an appeal for information." (
   Evening Express - Article - Dead cat found dumped in bag in Aberdeen
)

According to the BBC (not fake BBC, the real BBC), "The cat was found in the Summerhill area on 22 February.

The Scottish SPCA said a post mortem examination revealed the cat had died as a result of "blunt force trauma".

Chief Insp. John Carle said of the discovery: "Putting his body in a bag and leaving him in the woods is particularly sickening."

'Callous act'
He explained: "The vet who examined this cat said his injuries are very suspicious and that they are definitely not a result of a road traffic accident.

"We can't be sure how long this cat's body had been there but the vet said he had been dead for a minimum of three or four days before being found.

"It's not yet clear how this poor cat died but what we do know is he was caused a great deal of pain and suffering.

"We are appealing to the public for information so we can find the person responsible for this callous act."." (BBC News - Plea over 'suspicious' cat death in Aberdeen)

The same story ran on STV, one of the mainstream British television broadcasting establishments (Cat beaten to death and dumped in woods in 'sickening' attack | Aberdeen & North | News | STV)

.......................................*****.............................................

However, let's take a trip to our very own Nigeria. A place where every morning one is greeted with stories of mass murders of human being (not cattle). Lives are lost on a daily basis, not due to some great cosmic calamity or natural disaster but because of either the criminal negligence of "elected" officials or their direct participation in the murderous mayhem. Human lives lost are almost always seen as a means by which to make political statements and strengthen political propaganda. Alas, taking lives has become the norm, the accepted form of airing vain sectarian grievances and making political statements.

Let's look at a piece of scripture (since, as Nigerians, we pride ourselves in our great religiosity amongst nations). It is written: "A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast: but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel." - Proverbs 12:10

One thing we miss from all our prayers and "holy" tantrums is the will to stand behind justice and truth in view of the greater good. We pray from morning till night for ***GOD*** to help us when the same ***GOD*** had made the proclamations in Isaiah 57, 58 and 59. Also, Psalms 50 & 51. We back unscrupulous "leaders" because of the he-is-my-brother sentiment, probably with hopes that the crumbs from the corruption table might sometimes reach our mouths or that we may one day sit at the head of it. But ***GOD*** is not to be mocked!

I find it of great convenience once again to end by what is written: 2Chronicles 7:14,

If my people, which are called by my name, shall
(A) humble themselves,
(B) and pray ,
(C) and seek my face,
(D) and turn from their wicked ways;
(E) then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

A + B + C + D = E

A + B + C (- D) = Noise and Disturbance.

When we fight corruption, abhorring all its manifestations, then we will begin to see a change in the happenings of the land.

***GOD*** Bless us all!

(i)Posted on Facebook by Aviomoh Osikhena(/i)

KingFemzee

In other words all lives are sacred no matter whose it is whether animal or human being and as soon as we respect life the better we treat it as sacred.

KingFemzee