What is Your Experience about America Visa Lottery?

Started by MyInfoStride, Oct 05, 2010, 05:43 AM

MyInfoStride

Each year the United States Government makes available 50,000 diversity immigrant visas, drawn from random selection among all entries to persons from countries with low rates of immigration to the United States.

US Permanent Residence Visa Specimen

The lottery was established by the U.S. Congress in 1990 to reflect America's openness to diversity. "The idea was to diversify the immigrant pool," said John Wilcock, a visa officer with the United States Department of State. The Diversity Visa Lottery is open to natives of countries that have sent fewer than 50,000 immigrants to the United States in the last 5 years. Countries that are the sources of higher numbers of immigrants are excluded from the lottery.

Now that another round of the lottery programme has started, we will be glad to read your own story of the programme.

What is Your Experience about America Visa Lottery? Please share!

MyWorld

I have been trying since two years but never get selected. 1 year will should be mine... I will continue to apply. After all, not harmful!

MyInfoStride

QuoteIt is a good experience. It gives you everything you need to stabilize in the States and you are legal. It is the best way to come into this country.

-Anonymous

MyInfoStride