4 Reasons Entrepreneurs Should NOT Delegate

Started by dia2dream, Mar 25, 2010, 04:58 AM

dia2dream

I'm sure you've heard many times from different experts that delegating can help you grow your business quickly. I mean just this last week I saw at least 25 articles alone espousing the benefits of having other people implement your marketing tasks, alleviate you from tasks you put off, and speed up the process of launching your programs to the world.
You may also know that I'm a firm believer in getting everything off my plate that I don't do well or is not prudent for me to spend time on so I can always be focused on my personal money making magic! But what if I told you that maybe you SHOULD NOT delegate? Maybe there is some times in which it just makes sense to do the opposite of what works to achieve six and seven figures.
Curious?
Here are my four reasons why you should absolutely, positively NOT delegate or outsource to expand your business this year:
1.   The idea of making more money is revolting.

Why allow other people to help you get more money making tasks done? That's just silly! You love staying stuck exactly where you are because you must do everything yourself. I mean come on, money doesn't grow on trees so why should you wisely invest it in capable, hard-working, efficient associates who help you achieve more in a week than you normally do in a year?
Even if you could see proof that learning how to hire "A" players to manage your social media, update your website, handle your organic SEO strategies would free you up to triple your income, why bother with stuff like that when you've got so much to do today, right?
2.   Doing tasks that suck the life out of you is the highlight of your day.

When you wake up you are ecstatic knowing that you'll get to update your bookkeeping records or spend 2 – 3 hours answering routine questions from tire-kickers who never plan to buy. But the highlight of your day – filing! Why, cause it's an excellent use of your time. Who wouldn't want to spend countless hours putting papers in folders when they could be putting together a launch strategy that could result in over $100k in revenue?
Then there are your personal favorites...the tasks that make you feel like a Mac truck ran over you. You know the ones ....you feel completely exhausted afterwards. As you dig into these tasks (if you ever get to them) you think how lucky you are to be an entrepreneur with all this freedom. Why would you ever want to spend most of your time doing things that make boat-loads of money?
3.   Perfection, not progress, is the only route for you.

You are committed to getting things done yourself — correctly. Can you really trust someone else to do things right (I mean really what does Bill Gates know about delegation...he's the genius in the business.) As you release every product perfectly with great pride, you somehow overlook the consequence of this choice – it takes you 5 – 10 times longer to get things done.
Even though you are frustrated with your slow progress you fear handing things off to someone else. You witness your peers who have discovered the secrets to hiring "A" players soaring to new heights and wonder what must be wrong that you can't get these same results.
4.   Work-a-holism is Under-Rated

Who needs sleep, right? There is so much to do you can barely get a few winks at night let alone actually meet your friends for a nice evening out. Family? Who are they? Oh those people who walk up and down your hallway waiting for you to come out and have dinner together.
Don't they understand that you have hundreds of tasks to accomplish in record time and you don't have anyone to help you out? Not that you couldn't – you just have your head in the weeds and you haven't yet seen the brilliance in slowing down, hiring some capable people and multiplying your accomplishments in record time.
All silliness aside, why on earth should an entrepreneur delegate or outsource? Because it's how you create a business that can grow into six figures and beyond, profitably, without losing your mind!
When you pay attention to the business owners who consistently generate high six and seven figures, you'll notice the one thing they all have in common is: they don't do it alone.
In today's economy, many make the fatal mistake of holding off on delegation. They key is to find is learning to hire people who will take tasks off your plate so you can focus on doing what you do best — profitably! And that requires a system of identify the right tasks to hand off, the right people who can do the job, and the right delegation techniques to ensure the tasks are done correctly the first time.
Stay tuned over the next few weeks I'll be sharing with you some of my insider secrets to exponentially growing your revenue and results through delegation and outsourcing!
But first, my question for you is:
WHY DO YOU HOLD OFF DELEGATING? Please share in the comments below. I'd love to know what's holding you back.
———————————————————
Melanie Benson Strick is known as The Million Dollar Lifestyle Business Coach because she knows first-hand how to build a successful, thriving, freedom-based company with her secret weapon — LEVERAGE. With over 12 years in corporate America and eight years as a business owner, Melanie works exclusively with entrepreneurs who are ready for a "sustainable" lifestyle business. To learn more: SuccessConnections

Dare2dream....Its possible!