University Lecturers To begins Strike In December 2012 For Unpaid Allowance!

Started by Sunexx360, Nov 27, 2012, 08:12 PM

Sunexx360

From the latest report reaching us is that The Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Universities has threatened to embark on a one week warning strike over non-inclusion of Earned Allowance for its members in the 2013 budget.
From the statement made yesterday by the national president of the association, Comrade Samson Ugwoke, the union said it was ready to resist any attempt to reduce non-academic work-force of universities.
"Anybody talking of touching the numbers of our members in the universities is playingwith fire. We will not condone that.
This is a warning to the government, any committee recommending reduction in the workforce of non-teaching staff in universities should be resisted by SSANU andother unions. It is a warning to the Federal Government; they should allow the status quo to remain to ensure peace in the university system.
"This time around, we are giving a warning early enough. I made it clear that until a provision is made in the 2013 Budget for the payment of Earned Allowance, nobody can and will guarantee peace in the university sector come 2013.
"I am appealing to the Federal Government to hear us very well, if that money is not included in the budget and paid, there will be no peace in the university system. We will close down the universities for one week in December as a warning (strike) to the government," he said.
Another reason why i don't like Nigerian Tertiary Institutions, they let their politics affects the students.
Well, I hope we don't experience another SSANU Strike or ASUU Strike.