Dino Melaye Denies Bisi Ibidapo-Obe

Started by Sunexx360, Oct 09, 2012, 03:39 PM

Sunexx360

Activist and former Federal lawmaker, Dino Melaye, has denied impregnating star Yoruba actress, Bisi Ibidapo-Obe, but the actress is insisting that he is responsible for the pregnancy but he wants her to abort it.
    The development, which is currently a subjectof discussion among family members and close friends of both the actress and politician, is becoming messier by the day, as Bisi's fiance, who is said to be a staff of NNPC is said to be currently in a dilemma.
   The parents of Bisi's fiance had insisted that the actress must get pregnant before they can get married .  Now, Bisi is pregnant, but for a different man.
In an interview, the actress admitted that though her relationship with Melaye was very brief and they had not planned to have a baby but fate and circumstances proved her wrong.
    Explaining how she met the ex-lawmaker, Bisi said "I actually met Dino through Lola Alao sometime in March or early April and honestly speaking, I was in need of help and Lola Alao promised she would introduce me to someone who could help me. The person turned out to be Dino.
   "I  visited him in Abuja and  he was actually forthcoming and helpful. I was not the only one involved then but he took particular interest in me. We got to know each other and at a point I was scared because he was all over me. Over time, he showed me he meant well and we became good friends.
   "Somehow, one thing led to the other and we started dating. He appeared nice, loving and showed me a lot of affection. He was quite frequent in my Lagos house. I remember when he came to Lagos for the birthday of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, I went to pick him from the airport to my house.
   "We were an item and it was known to a couple of our close friends in the industry.  It was while in Canada with my colleagues, Foluke Daramola and Moji Olaiya, that I  realised that I was pregnant. I could not believe it. It was painful because I could not participate in all the programmes lined up forus in Canada.  I can remember that it was Moji Olaiya that went to buy the pregnancy kit that later confirmed I was pregnant.
    Immediately, I called Dino in Nigeria and shared the news with him. He was excited about it and he told me he was looking forward to seeing me in Lagos soon. When I returned, he received me with joy and on an occasion he took me to his hometown, Kabbain Kogi State. He told me he wanted to marry me.       He was so nice to me.
"Sometime in May, I went to London, came back and he called me. He said  that he actually wanted a big society wedding with me but since his parents are clerics and the rules and regulation of their church frowns at pregnant brides he would want me to get rid of the pregnancy.
   "I was shocked. I wept uncontrollably all night. I called him several times but he refused to pick my calls. I sent friends to him but he refused to listen to me. His complaint, according to my friends, was that I was rude.
   "He stopped picking my calls. But each time I try to call him with another phone number, he would pick the call but as soon as he findsout I'm the one on the phone he will drop it. I have not wronged Dino, I have only chosen todo what is right but he sees it differently.  I'm no longer a kid.
   "It's painful that such action is coming from aman who claims to love the masses, the oppressed people of this country and he is oppressing me. My fate is in the hands of God and He will see me through. I have not been working to earn any money but I have found favour before God and a couple of my friends.I know I'm not alone in this. God is with me.
    Bisi  insisted she will not abort the pregnancy.
    In his response, Dino described Bisi's claims as an "Africa Magic's story and an expression of fiction."

Sunexx360

Folami David

Abortion is a sensitive issue we have to tackle in this country.Fashola has started already,other governors need to emulate

Folami David