Field Operative I - PPS Job at Baker Hughes Nigeria

Started by Jobrib, Aug 21, 2012, 02:30 PM

Jobrib

Job Title: Field Operative I – PPS

Job Number: 1213085

Company: Baker Hughes

Role Synopsis:

•   At Baker Hughes, this position is responsible for conducting and performing the job of a Field Operator for: pumping operations, Process and Pipeline related activities etc.

•   On customer locations as per Baker Hughes standard practices, maintenance in accordance with Baker Hughes procedures and as required.

•   To maintain and grow the company's status as the recognized leader within the oil service industry by ensuring that the highest quality standards are achieved to meet client expectations.

Key Responsibilities/Accountabilities:

1 Conducts pre-mobilization of equipment checks and load outs

2. Operates equipment in accordance with Safety and other Company procedure

3. Rig-up of equipment and hook-up to existing client/site facilities

4. Recording technical data, instructions from client, deviations to specifications, loss and or damage

5. Ensure that all auxiliary and service equipment is maintained and classified ready for use

6. Report all accidents, incidents or unsafe conditions and takes all necessary steps to prevent accidental damage to property, plant, equipment or the environment.

7. Ensure full awareness of and compliance with, the requirements of all relevant Company/customer HSE Handbooks, HSE procedures and emergency procedures.

8. Actively ensures that his/her own health and safety and the health and safety of all fellow workers or other workers is preserved at all times.

9. Undertake general maintenance duties of equipment as required to ensure equipment status and availability

10.. Ensure that all work areas are clean and tidy.

Basic Qualifications:

•   Minimum of OND in engineering/Management discipline and 5 year's experience, WASC/GCE with over 8y years. Trade test and 10 years' experience.

•   Good Communication Skills, Good Technical and Mechanical Skills and Knowledge

Desired/Preferred Qualifications:

•   Good communication skills – both verbal and written.

•   Good analytical skills.

•   Good computer skills

Hint: Search with "Job Number" in the space provided.

Field Operative I - PPS Job