South Africa: Social Work Scholarships for 2011

Started by sparrow, Aug 11, 2010, 03:01 PM

sparrow

As part of the recruitment and retention strategy and initiative to address critical and scarce skills in the sector, the National Department of Social Development is hereby making a scholarship available in the field of Social Work.

Applications are open to current Social Work students as well as prospective students who would like to enroll for a Social Work Degree for the 2011 academic year.  Students who are currently holders of a National Department of Social Development Scholarship do not have to apply.

The Scholarship will cover Registration, Tuition, Prescribed books, stipend for practical's and official accommodation provided by the University (ONLY ACCOMODATION, WHICH HAS BEEN CONTRACTED BY THE RELEVANT UNIVERSITY MIGHT BE CONSIDERED).

The applicant must:
•   Be a South African Citizen
•   New applicants must comply with the entry requirements set by the University and provide proof of admission by the University or a proof of payment for admission.
•   Fully and correctly complete the scholarship application form which is obtainable from the Social Work faculty at the University or from the Provincial Departments of Social Development (See contact details below).
•   Attach the following documentation such as a CV, certified copies of grade 12 results, Academic Record, your Identity Document, your parents or legal guardian identity document and their proof of income.
•   Be prepared to enter into an agreement for counter service with the Department of Social Development.

Remember:
THE STUDENT SHOULD STILL APPLY TO THE UNIVERSITY OF HIS/HER CHOICE TO REQUEST ADMISSION.

The Applicant must:
•       Be a South African Citizen
•       Comply with the entry requirements set by the University
•       Fully and correctly complete the Scholarship Application form
•       Be prepared to enter into an agreement with the Department (More details will be contained in the agreement)
•       Must complete the qualification within the minimum period as prescribed by the University

What Documentation must I attach to my application?

NB: Click here to download document for Full information

For more information: South Africa: Social Work Scholarships for 2011

siya

Dear Sir/ Madam

I am a registered Social Work student. I will be doing my first year at Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University.
I would like to apply for a bursary. Please.

Yours sincerely
Mr. S. Rabie

MyInfoStride

Quote from: siya on Feb 13, 2011, 03:16 PM
Dear Sir/ Madam

I am a registered Social Work student. I will be doing my first year at Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University.
I would like to apply for a bursary. Please.

Yours sincerely
Mr. S. Rabie

Please follow the step highlighted in the post. If need further help, please let us know.

Nompumelelo Ndawonde

Hi, i am a social work student at the university of kwa-zulu natal and i would like to apply for a scholarship. i am currently doin my first year.

sophy mpaylanyane

i am a social work student at the university of Pretoria doing my first year. I have no financial aid and i can afford to pay my academic fees and so does my family. I was wondering if there is any thing that can be done to help with funding my studies.

itumeleng mokgatle

Hi I'm itumeleng mokgatle .I'm a registered social work student at the university of south africa and I desparately need a bursary please

itumeleng mokgatle