I'll Wait For Keshi To Return Concerning My Sack - Okpala

Started by Folami David, Apr 23, 2013, 02:50 AM

Folami David

Super Eagles assistant coach, Sylvanus "Quick silver" Okpala has said that he would wait for the return of his boss, Stephen Keshi from the United States where he is on holiday now before he would respond to his sack by the Nigeria Footbal Federation.
Okpala who was spotted in Lagos where he was asked about the sack by his employers, the former Nigerian international said, "I'm waiting for Keshi to come back from his holidays in the United States of America. He is my boss and we will discuss this and have a united position on the appropriate response
"I should not be talking about it on the pages of the newspapers for now. I am a professional and I want to do things the right way. Keshi was instrumental to my being appointed as an assistant coach, and until I discuss with him it will be wrong to officially respond," he said, adding, "for now, I am still a staff of the NFF. They are yet to officially communicate with me.".
Asked about the terms of his contract on issues like his sack, Okpala, a member of the 1980 Green Eagles squad that won the AFCON in Lagos, said that he has a written contract with the NFA.
"All I can tell you is that I have a written contract.
The contract stipulates the circumstances and conditions involved in transactions like this. When I finish discussing with Keshi, I will decide what next to do in that direction," he added.